Pagosa Springs, Colorado

Thomas21

Hi everybody! Me and some of my family have decided to take my jeep to Pagosa Springs and will be arriving today! Is there anyone who would like to go wheel over the next week? I'd love to meet some of you guys in person!

boardsurfer

I dont think there are many (any) forum members down there, but man I love Pagosa. It's gorgeous down there. I didnt find any trails worth writing home about in my short stay, but that's not to say there aren't any. Lots of forests service roads to explore. I went about 6 miles in on Devil Mountain Rd and wasnt even close to half way through before I turned around - It was getting dark and I had no idea where it ended.

If you head west out of town on the main road, look for this (taken from the side of the road):

IMG_1186.jpg

Just after Chimney Rock is a sign for Devil Mountain on the right:

IMG_1177.jpg

Good luck and stay safe.

walrond

My parents live in Pagosa Springs and last time I was there I noticed there were plenty of trails. Pagosa Springs has a website where they are listed.

walrond

From Pagosa's website...
Blue Creek 4x4 Trail
This is a fun ride that doesn’t go anywhere important. The trail is a “roller coaster” type ride with enough challenge to keep you awake. The trail is about 13 miles long and connects The Blanco Road, 7 miles south of Pagosa to the Buckles Lake Road near Chromo, Colorado. There are some shorter 4x4 trails off the main route to try as time allows.
East Fork / Elwood Pass (FR 667)
This 4x4 trail is the “real thing” and the best off-road experience in the Pagosa Country area. It climbs about 18 miles to the top of the Continental Divide and meets with a forest access road just east of the divide. Once on top there are a lot of interesting things to do in the Elwood Pass/Summitville area.

Top Bottom