Front driveshaft/transfer case help

TwistedJK

In the process of installing a new front driveshaft. Old shaft is removed. Attempting to remove the transfer case yoke nut. All it does is free spin. The transfer case shifter just moves freely, not engaging any gear. Is there a trick to removing the nut? I'm using an impact wrench, but the yoke just keeps spinning. Any help, as always, would be greatly appreciated.

brizon85

sorry I'm trying not to remember how I did mine it's been a long time. I remember having to use the jack in order to rotate the shaft for the bolts. but I don't remember having an issue with the t case side moving . let me check real quick

TwistedJK

Transfer case shifter moves as if it's not working. No resistance at all. It will not engage any gear. The old shaft is already out.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Transfer case shifter moves as if it's not working. No resistance at all. It will not engage any gear. The old shaft is already out.

Did you check to see if your tcase linkages are still intact? Sounds like it's broken. Those plastic bushings aren't the greatest.

Edit: Lol I see you found it. Glad to hear!

Last edited:

JeepJeep75

Once you sort out your linkage problem, put the T-case in 4low, trans in 1st and or park, and get a breaker bar on the flange nut. I just did this two weeks ago without to much fuss. My flange wouldn't come off after I removed the nut so I used a harmonic balancer puller. Worked perfectly.

JeepJeep75

Nice!! I wonder why they put the sticker on upside down? Mine's the same way. Either way, they are good looking. I see you have a 1310. I had to change out the flange on my pinion as well as the T-case flange for the 1350. Made me nervous tightening down the pinion nut. [emoji33]

mo0s3

Nice!! I wonder why they put the sticker on upside down? Mine's the same way. Either way, they are good looking. I see you have a 1310. I had to change out the flange on my pinion as well as the T-case flange for the 1350. Made me nervous tightening down the pinion nut. [emoji33]

It's not up side down if it's rotated to the other side [emoji6]

Last edited:

TwistedJK

Lol. Thanks guys. I need to buy a new plastic piece that connects the transfer case linkage to the transfer case.
Here's the hood vents installed...
image.jpg
To finish it, I'm going to prefer another O.M. Decal in silver and lay it over the black vents. To give it a completed look.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Lol. Thanks guys. I need to buy a new plastic piece that connects the transfer case linkage to the transfer case.
Here's the hood vents installed...
View attachment 211907
To finish it, I'm going to prefer another O.M. Decal in silver and lay it over the black vents. To give it a completed look.

Nice. I was wondering why you didn't remove the decal first but that's a good idea

Top Bottom