Need to Flash after Regear?

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Jeep is getting regeared in about a week. Just curious if I'll need to flash for the new gear ratio. I was under the impression I wouldn't need to since I have the 6 speed but one of the shops I talked to said I need to regardless. I have a Procal anyways so it's no big deal but just curious what the truth actually is. Jeep is a 2015 JKUR 6 speed. Hopefully I can get some first hand knowledge on this. Thanks in advance.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Jeep is getting regeared in about a week. Just curious if I'll need to flash for the new gear ratio. I was under the impression I wouldn't need to since I have the 6 speed but one of the shops I talked to said I need to regardless. I have a Procal anyways so it's no big deal but just curious what the truth actually is. Jeep is a 2015 JKUR 6 speed. Hopefully I can get some first hand knowledge on this. Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure about stick shifts but with autos you have to otherwise it will go into limp mode. I would just make sure you recal it once the gears are installed just to be safe

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Yeah, that was kind of my plan. Just curious if it's actually needed on the manuals. Thanks for the response.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
If you have a procal what are we even talking about. Just program it......

What we're talking about, well, what I am asking is whether or not it is actually needed. Just trying to clear up what you can get away with having a manual vs an auto. Not necessarily for me, but for the next guy who finds this thread as I couldn't when I searched for it. If no recal is required for a manual maybe we can save someone a couple hundred bucks by gathering this information. Fair enough?

Top Bottom