Bluejacket's Rubicon

Bluejacket

So yesterday we finally bought a JK. White 2016 Rubicon Unlimited. The experience was a long time coming as we'd been battling cost vs need for the better part of 2 years. I had test driven just about every Wrangler on the lot over the past 3 months and the sales people eventually just let me be rather than come running out to "greet the customer" like they always do.

We had a 2004 Ford Excursion 6.0 powerstroke limited that we used for our family trips. This was without a doubt the worst, let me say that again, WORST vehicle that we have ever owned. Every single repair was a bank breaker and every day it was something else. Needless to say I hated it. It's lack of reliability and nearly constant need for maintenance left us looking to move on to another vehicle.

So.... after scouring the Internet looking for a used JK I came to terms with the idea that 'these things just hold their value too well' and I couldn't justify spending almost the price of a new JK on a used one. So I decided to just spend the little bit of extra money and get a new one.

So here I am. Happy happy happy!

(I flipped off the Excursion on the way out of the dealers lot and said a short prayer for the poor dude that buys it.)
That's all a guy can do, right? ;)

Attachments

• 1468164139257.jpg
    1468164139257.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 116

WJCO

Meme King
So yesterday we finally bought a JK. White 2016 Rubicon Unlimited. The experience was a long time coming as we'd been battling cost vs need for the better part of 2 years. I had test driven just about every Wrangler on the lot over the past 3 months and the sales people eventually just let me be rather than come running out to "greet the customer" like they always do.

We had a 2004 Ford Excursion 6.0 powerstroke limited that we used for our family trips. This was without a doubt the worst, let me say that again, WORST vehicle that we have ever owned. Every single repair was a bank breaker and every day it was something else. Needless to say I hated it. It's lack of reliability and nearly constant need for maintenance left us looking to move on to another vehicle.

So.... after scouring the Internet looking for a used JK I came to terms with the idea that 'these things just hold their value too well' and I couldn't justify spending almost the price of a new JK on a used one. So I decided to just spend the little bit of extra money and get a new one.

So here I am. Happy happy happy!

(I flipped off the Excursion on the way out of the dealers lot and said a short prayer for the poor dude that buys it.)
That's all a guy can do, right? ;)

Welcome to WAL. Congrats on the new Jeep. I feel your pain with the excursion, I worked at Ford all 4 years of the 6.0 L motor. I would never recommend to anyone to buy one.

I also am amazed at the cost of used JKs. We're looking at them now, they DO hold their value for sure. We're hoping to buy one soon, but even used they are pricey.

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Welcome from Canada. I got it into my head in 07 to get a Wrangler and it took meant in last summer to take the plunge on a new Rubicon. Sticker shock was a bitch....but couldn't be happier since [emoji482]

Top Bottom