Knock Knock

Jay_r24

Knock Knock is what I am hearing [emoji35]. My jeep stalled and when I tried to turn it over it seemed like it wanted to start but wouldn't. I let it sit like 30 seconds and it turned over, it felt real sluggish like it wanted to die. I stepped on the gas and heard a loud knocking. Got home, turned it off and I still hear the knock. It only knocks when I step on the accelerator..what the hell is going on? 2011 Jku automatic

Coop

Caught the Bug
Knock Knock is what I am hearing [emoji35]. My jeep stalled and when I tried to turn it over it seemed like it wanted to start but wouldn't. I let it sit like 30 seconds and it turned over, it felt real sluggish like it wanted to die. I stepped on the gas and heard a loud knocking. Got home, turned it off and I still hear the knock. It only knocks when I step on the accelerator..what the hell is going on? 2011 Jku automatic

Did you get a "check engine" light? Check your codes. Easy visual check is look for a broken spark plug wire or a boot popped off the plug. Check your oil level, but if you are low and hearing a knock, your engine could be toast. You should have codes on all these issues. Other knocks could be fuel related, bad fuel, plugged injector, etc.

jeff_in_rc

Time to check all of your fluid levels to make sure they are full before you do anything else. Engine oil, tranny fluid, radiator fluid, etc. Other than stalling did anything else happen? What kind of driving were you doing?

I don't know about the v6's but on my I6 I had a knock like you describe and it turned out to be a collapsed lifter.

Lets us know.

Jay_r24

Time to check all of your fluid levels to make sure they are full before you do anything else. Engine oil, tranny fluid, radiator fluid, etc. Other than stalling did anything else happen? What kind of driving were you doing?

I don't know about the v6's but on my I6 I had a knock like you describe and it turned out to be a collapsed lifter.

Lets us know.

Just normal driving, had just got off the highway and was stopped at a stop sign on my residential street. All fluids look okay. Engine oil is low it's about time for an oil change

Jay_r24

I think my engine is GONE!!! [emoji26] changed oil checked fluids and the knocking continues. I can tell it's a bad engine knock!

Coop

Caught the Bug
I think my engine is GONE!!! [emoji26] changed oil checked fluids and the knocking continues. I can tell it's a bad engine knock!
Sorry to hear that! These engines do not tolerate low oil levels. This may be painful. If you can swap the engine yourself, less painful.

Coop

Caught the Bug
Wish I had that ability.
Maybe reach out to the forum for help. Someone may have an engine to sell on the cheap and also get the help you need. This is a weekend job with enough help.
First make sure you have blown your engine and there isn't some other problem. Did you check the oil for metal when you changed it?

Top Bottom