Logandale New Years Eve Run 2012

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Up until we got a text from Mel saying that we should come out and do some wheeling with them out in Logandale, we weren't planning to do much of anything for New Years Eve. In fact, we had already started the laundry, were catching up on work and were far from being packed up to go anywhere. But, before we could think twice about it, we made some reservations out in Mesquite, finished up what we were doing, loaded up and were out fighting Vegas traffic with the rest of L.A. In the end, we had a great time and were so glad that we did it. Here are a few shots from our trip, I hope you enjoy.

Thanks to the late start we got, we ran to quite a bit of traffic on our way out to Vegas. Fortunately for us, we were in a Jeep and, there were alternate routes we could take...
main.php

Poser shot of Moby while we let Tessa blow off some steam...
main.php

Enjoying a cold Sierra Nevada out in Mesquite after a long day on the road. Did I mention these were only $2.50 a pop? Mesquite is like the old Vegas.
main.php

Aired down and ready to roll! Looking out across the Shitter Trail in Logandale waiting to meet up with Wades...
main.php

main.php

After hooking up with Mel in the Rockstar Z71, a couple of LJ's and a relatively stock JK Rubicon Unlimited, we were off to run the Bowl and Mattahorn Trails...
main.php

main.php

main.php

Coming up and over the range and taking in a nice view of the Valley of Fire ahead...
main.php

Working our way over to the S-Turns...
main.php

main.php

main.php

Cool hole in the rock along the way...
main.php

Driving along a ridge with an impressive view of the open desert ahead...
main.php

The S-Turn is a very tight and narrow obstacle that has been cut through a sandstone outcrop by rushing water over thousands of years. Having run it before, I can tell you that it's hard enough to do in a small TJ and even harder in a 4-Door JK but Mel was determined to take his extra cab Z71 through it. Check it out...
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

STOP!! You're just about to hit your door!!
main.php

After getting out to assess the situation, Mel decided to push through anyway...
main.php

main.php

A rough kiss left behind but, nothing too serious...
main.php

Here's how it's done in an LJ...
main.php

main.php

main.php

After making a couple of corrections...
main.php

main.php

Here's a view from the rear of another LJ going through...
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

And finally, it's Moby's turn. In the past, I've come in this backwards to get a straighter shot but, after seeing Mel take his Z71 through, I decided to give a try going forward...
main.php

main.php

main.php

Doing a little repositioning...
main.php

main.php

Now making the final descent...
main.php

A BIG thanks to Mel for the spot through...
main.php

Further up ahead, Mel spots little Mel up into the Bowl...
main.php

Getting up the ledge was easy enough - the was the super tight squeeze that made thing tough... at least, if you didn't want anymore body damage...
main.php

main.php

main.php

Up and through and onto the next set of ledges...
main.php

main.php

Brian in his LJ working his way up...
main.php

main.php

Unfortunately, the stock JK Rubcion in our group got high centered even before he could make it out to the first ledge. Time to bypass this one..
main.php

On the move again...
main.php

main.php

Before the sun went down, we decided to head over to an old homestead where really nice petroglyphs can still be found....
main.php

main.php

main.php

Checking out a nearby spring still full of water...
main.php

Enjoying the glowing rocks as the sun goes down...
main.php

Time to head back to town and reign in the New Year!
main.php

I know it isn't much but I hope you enjoyed our trip just the same. Hope you all had a wonderful New Years too :cool:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Cool pics and write up! I saw the video of the S turn on EVO facebook. It was funny when Lisa said "your going to hit the door!" and then Mel just gassed it and went through. :cheesy:

JAGS

Hooked
Very cool trip capture. Pics are awesome as usual and the captions are cool. The vid of mel squeezing through is classic. Love the ticking bumper. You should throw a link to that in with the pics.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Nice pics!

I was hoping to do Logandale when I was in Vegas last fall but it didn't work out. :(

However, from the looks of how things are shaping up for 2013, I'll have plenty of opportunity to do it soon. :)

What is this video people speak of?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The video was posted up on FB. I'll try to hunt it down.

For now, here's an old video we did from a trip we did in Logandale a few years back :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, here's the other one...

[video]http://www.facebook.com/projectjk#!/photo.php?v=4139443969891[/video]

JAGS

Hooked
Tick, tick, tick, tick......yep that's the one. When I first watched it I was like, what the heck is that annoying noise. Then you see it. Love the way Mel tests the limits by just throwing his rig out there.

Most of us wouldn't have the means to do such a thing, so its cool live via the vids.

Okay, here's the other one...

[video]http://www.facebook.com/projectjk#!/photo.php?v=4139443969891[/video]

Skirmish

When somebody says "Let's do Logandale" it's pretty hard to say no and you really shouldn't. Great stuff!

FoxC

If anyone is headed out here, just let us know and we'll get a run going out to Logandale...love the place!

blazer

Caught the Bug
Yes, that trip with Eddie and Cindy and the group was one of my first advanced runs in my JK.
Loved that adventure. Like going back and watching that video. Been back to Logandale trails many times. Will be doing a run in the the area Sat. Feb 8th. Looking to team up with anybody to run the Logandale trails
on Sunday the 9th. Post up or PM me.

FoxC

Yes, that trip with Eddie and Cindy and the group was one of my first advanced runs in my JK.
Loved that adventure. Like going back and watching that video. Been back to Logandale trails many times. Will be doing a run in the the area Sat. Feb 8th. Looking to team up with anybody to run the Logandale trails
on Sunday the 9th. Post up or PM me.

I know a few of us from the area will be at KOH that weekend and probably wont be back until late on the 9th. You can also check warmachines702.com and see what runs are going out that weekend.

Top Bottom