Rear Control Arm Bracket Bent

whytiptoe

So I was under my jeep yesterday and I noticed that the rear passenger control arm bracket is bent. Just wanted to know how bad this is and what I need to do to fix it or if I need to. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468371251.600400.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468371264.034155.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468371273.252121.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468371281.104044.jpg

Last edited:

Coop

Caught the Bug
If it bothers you you can drop that end of the arm and pry it back into place, but I would just run it as is.
Man, you whacked it pretty good! You would have to hammer the flange a bit straighter to drop the control arm joint, but I'm with swampdog, you can probably run it as is. Doesn't look like it is binding.

whytiptoe

Man, you whacked it pretty good! You would have to hammer the flange a bit straighter to drop the control arm joint, but I'm with swampdog, you can probably run it as is. Doesn't look like it is binding.

I did not notice anything while driving, I had it on the lift at full droop and did not seem like anything was stopping or nor any grinding that I could hear.

whytiptoe

so stupid question, I know it would be no advantage, but could I run a longarm with the evolevler? Just want better brackets that are stronger.

Tree Frog

You should have no problem setting your rig up with Evo's long arms and running the springs of your choice.
That way you can do what you want later in the way of longer springs or coil overs and the arms will already be done.

Yes they are a lot beefier than the factory ones. :thumb:

I slid a good sized stump all the way down my rear control arm and the banged the Rock Star skid very freaking hard the other day. Really was expecting to see some kind of damage. Nope not a bit. Just picked the wood out from the front of the bracket and will have to repaint the bottom sometime before the rainy season hits again.

I have drug the front bracket (like you damaged) all over rocks and the have not even started to bend.

r1owner

I had the same thing. Wheeled with it like that for a while. Then I just took a crescent wrench and put it on the bent piece where I could get on it and bent it back out. Had to do that twice so far.

Top Bottom