4 door weight

Jk_nate

Has anyone ever weighed their jeep on a scale. The door shows 5700lbs. I feel like that's way more than actual weight. I'm towing my 2015 4 door jk rubicon to Moab with my wife's Tahoe next month is the reason I'm asking. I don't want to be over the max tow rating.

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Howdy Nate,
The spec listing for my '15 JKUL Rubi is about 4,400 lbs. Add for accessories, subtract for whatever you replaced... Prior discussion here had some members reporting their weights as over 9K lbs...that's as much as a loaded Suburban.

Sullivan

I've weighed mine. 5500lbs.
I have a 2010 4dr, 37's, meathod beadlocks, armor, skinny bumpers, pr44 axle, and that's with me in it and a half tank of fuel. And I'm about 240lb.

Sullivan

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468409854.864014.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468409921.387150.jpg
My buddy and I just got back from Colorado. 1100 miles each way. Chicago to Breckenridge. He pulled his 4dr with his Tahoe and it was his 2nd time pulling it. His first attempt was not good. He rented a trailer and tried it
This time he went out and bought a good trailer then spent the money on the good weight distribution hitch with sway control. It made a huge difference. He was able to pretty much keep up with me in my F350. Only issue was he had to take the mountain passes a little slower.

Last edited:
Top Bottom