KM2's or Cooper STT's?

SoCalDozer

So finally decided on just upgrading to 35's when I return home after much debate and discussion and I have 2 tires in mind.
BFG KM2's or the Discoverer STT. they are both 6 ply sidewalls.
and I can get a set of 5 of either one for 1150 shipped so price isnt a factor.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
STT's in my opinion. I have run them in the past and they were great. I plan to get them in a couple weeks.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I hear bad things about the KM2's I believe if you search this forum for KM2 you will find an opinion by WOL regarding these. I don't know much about the STT's.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I'm with them, I'd go for the STT's. They are a better tire on the trail with tougher sidewalls.

Robin.CT

I honestly would not advocate BFG's to any of my friends to be purchased.
Yes they are great tyres, but they are more than 50% more expensive than most other brands (or at least the brands available to us in South Africa) but I don't think they are 50% more tyre than the rest.
If money were no option, Wrangler MTR's without a doubt.
Cost wise, and overall performance for a mud terrain, I can firmly vote on either the Khumo KL71's or the federal Cougarias. Both excellent offroad tyres, pretty dam good side walls, and better than most on road performers.

I run KM2's, and they have around 30,000km (approx 18,000miles) and the tread is all good, but the sidewalls are shot. We don't have all that much rock crawling trails available to us, so they have not been punished a lot either..

That all being said, obviously it is your rig, and you have thought about what you want quite a lot, and have an expectation as to what you want to get from the tyres... You have I would say 3 times the choice in the US than us... So best of luck, and enjoy the 35's... I will be going from 32's to 35's in a few short weeks too...

Top Bottom