Brakes/Rotor Replacement?

Sooner_Jeeper

How often do you change your brake pads and rotors? I changed them at 100,000 because I doubted the previous owners did, I put Hawk brake pads on them. Now at 120,000 miles they are squeaking like crazy whenever I stop. Should I change the rotors and brake hardware out and put some Disc Brake Quiet on the pads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rogerk93

I changed my pads after 20k miles and I have to change pads and rotors in a few months. 37's is not easy on them I need to get a big brake kit

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Changed my rears at around 60,000. I have 104,000 and have not touched the fronts. They have a ways to go to even hit the indicator. What type of pads did you get? I use the ceramic opens from O'Reilly's and have had no problems. Years ago I used ones on my truck that were more metal and they squeaked like hell. Might want to try the grease too.

rogerk93

Changed my rears at around 60,000. I have 104,000 and have not touched the fronts. They have a ways to go to even hit the indicator. What type of pads did you get? I use the ceramic opens from O'Reilly's and have had no problems. Years ago I used ones on my truck that were more metal and they squeaked like hell. Might want to try the grease too.

I replaced the factory pads with ceramic. But because I changed the pads alone I have a slight soft peddle.

jeeeep

Hooked
How often do you change your brake pads and rotors? I changed them at 100,000 because I doubted the previous owners did, I put Hawk brake pads on them. Now at 120,000 miles they are squeaking like crazy whenever I stop. Should I change the rotors and brake hardware out and put some Disc Brake Quiet on the pads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

120k miles? wow, I changed my brake pads after about 40k miles but I'm running 37's. are you sure they're not worn out and it's not the indicator causing the squeal?

patr1ckm

Changed my pads at around 50k. To me, brake wear will depend on your driving style and if you have a manual or automatic.

Top Bottom