South Florida Gear install

FLKEYSJK

I live in the lower FL keys and I want to regear my JK from 3.21 to 4.88. I went to a local mechanic and he quoted me at $1100 just in labor. That seems kinda high to me. Does anyone have a place in south Florida that they can recommend me to? And what's price range for a basic gear install. Thanks

swampdog

I paid $250 per axle for labor, but that is on the cheaper send of the spectrum. In a remote area like that, I'm not shocked by $1k for labor

FLKEYSJK

I paid $250 per axle for labor, but that is on the cheaper send of the spectrum. In a remote area like that, I'm not shocked by $1k for labor

I'll probably end up driving into the mainland if the price drop is enough to justify the time and effort. It sucks not having any 4x4 shops nearby. ORE on the east coast would be awesome lol.

Ginz

Just reached out to the shop that did my lift. I'll pm you with info if they respond. Most Miami shops do stuff just for looks, but I'll look around for ya.

FLKEYSJK

Just reached out to the shop that did my lift. I'll pm you with info if they respond. Most Miami shops do stuff just for looks, but I'll look around for ya.

Sweet man I really appreciate it, I'm just not sure which shops to trust up there.

BigEd

The average rate in Miami is $1600-1800 labor and parts for both axles. That's probably what you'll end up paying mostly anywhere in South Florida.

Krystianjk

The average rate in Miami is $1600-1800 labor and parts for both axles. That's probably what you'll end up paying mostly anywhere in South Florida.

Maybe if you go to some shop that charges outrageous prices rofl. With that said go to planet offroad or jeepers both do good jobs for far under $1600...

FLKEYSJK

That's the average price for a regear here in south Florida , I'd recommend jeepers 4x4

Just gave them a call. Quoted me at about $1600 to do a basic regear. It would have been cheaper but I need a new carrier in the front and I want new bearings. It's definitely cheaper than having it done down here.

Top Bottom