New intake

Baker

Ok guys need a little help, im really looking to get a new air intake and need some good opinions. Im not looking to flash cal it right now unless i really need to. I know there are a few intakes that say they dont need to be flashed but not sure how truthful that is. If anyone can give me any insight i would greatly appreciate it.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Save your money and your warranty and keep the stock system.

Do a search for the guy who had the dealership install a Mopar intake on his JK and then denied his warranty claim when his motor inhaled dirt and then blackballed him when he complained about it.

Andy5160

Hooked
I have K&N filter on the stock system.In regards to the warranty issue in my experience it all depends on your relationships with the dealer.
I just brought in my jeep for an axel seal replacement under warranty with all the suspension moods i have and they said nothing.
So if you have a dealer you are familiar with i would start building some relationships with the service manager.

utiadam

LOSER
I have the volant intake with the Donaldson powercore filter and a prefilter. Dirt was getting past my stock intake and paper filter - i could see it inside the tube which was supposed to be the clean side and on the throttle body flap. With this new system i haven't seen anymore dirt in the tube. I would stay away from oil filters and run a prefilter on any setup you get.

Lance628

Ok guys need a little help, im really looking to get a new air intake and need some good opinions. Im not looking to flash cal it right now unless i really need to. I know there are a few intakes that say they dont need to be flashed but not sure how truthful that is. If anyone can give me any insight i would greatly appreciate it.

I'll give you my afe intake if you want it I spent a bunch of money on it and didn't notice notice any gain other then a whistle when I got on it there pretty much a waste of money so I'll give you one for free to let you see if your interested

Baker

I'll give you my afe intake if you want it I spent a bunch of money on it and didn't notice notice any gain other then a whistle when I got on it there pretty much a waste of money so I'll give you one for free to let you see if your interested

Where are you located?

Top Bottom