New Toyo MT 37x13.5 - rubbing on full stuff

H20JNKY

So I went out and got myself a set of 5 new toyo MT 37x13.5r17 tires and love them! I'm running a 3" Procomp lift and have zero rub when turning and regular driving. However, I went and tested it today and got some good articulation and noticed that when the tire was stuffed in the rear wheel well, it was hitting the rear bumper(picture attached). I plan on cutting the bumper tomorrow to make for plenty of room so that doesn't happen again. It was also about a half inch from the actual seam. I noticed that the bump stop was about 2 inches from hitting the axle at full stuff.

I guess my question is, should I get longer bump stops? If so how big? I believe the stock bump stops are on. Thanks for any insight.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468732458.076872.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468732485.143687.jpg

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
That's the factory jounce rubber. Looks like you don't have any extensions. They should be bolt to the plate on the axle. General rule of thumb is you add as much bumpstop as lift.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As mentioned you need to trim/remove the rear bumper and you need bump stop extensions. You should be running about as much bump stop as you are lift otherwise your coils will go solid and not yield as much lift over time due to the over compression

rogerk93

Everyone already said it all but when I installed my 4inch lift and put these tires on I was having the same issue when I would stuff my tire. So I just decided to remove the bumper entirely and that solved my issues.

H20JNKY

As mentioned you need to trim/remove the rear bumper and you need bump stop extensions. You should be running about as much bump stop as you are lift otherwise your coils will go solid and not yield as much lift over time due to the over compression

Thanks everyone! So at least a 3" bump stop. Any recommendations as to brand or does it matter?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone! So at least a 3" bump stop. Any recommendations as to brand or does it matter?

Brand doesn't matter but I would recommend ones that bolt up to the axle rather than ones that extend down from the bump stop cups.

Hot94Z28

Your kit didn't come with bump stops? The rear is going to be easy, the fronts you have to remove the coil spring to install them. I would not be unhooking your front sway bar if you don't have any bump stops in the front cause it will over compress the shock and cause them to go bad.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Your kit didn't come with bump stops? The rear is going to be easy, the fronts you have to remove the coil spring to install them. I would not be unhooking your front sway bar if you don't have any bump stops in the front cause it will over compress the shock and cause them to go bad.

To clarify, he would over compress his "coils" as in, they'll compress to the point where they won't return back to their original height.

H20JNKY

To clarify, he would over compress his "coils" as in, they'll compress to the point where they won't return back to their original height.

The lift was put on by the dealer and there are no bump stops on the front. That being said, looks like I better get front and rear bump stops this week.

Andy5160

Hooked
The lift was put on by the dealer and there are no bump stops on the front. That being said, looks like I better get front and rear bump stops this week.
e hole
I would go back to the dealer and ask them "nicely" to make it right. It also may not worth the effort so if you plan on doing the install yourself make sure you run the self tapping bolt which comes with the bump stops through the hole you drill on the front axel pad prior to installing the spring back.

Andy5160

Hooked
e hole
I would go back to the dealer and ask them "nicely" to make it right. It also may not worth the effort so if you plan on doing the install yourself make sure you run the self tapping bolt which comes with the bump stops through the hole you drill on the front axel pad prior to installing the spring back.

Not sure where "e hole" came from.Probably something shifted when i was typing

jesse3638

Hooked
These may be a cheaper option for the front. I believe they are about 3/4"-1" a piece so you can stack a few together. Some companies sell them a bumpstops for alot more than they are here.

Hockey Pucks

Top Bottom