Gearing prices

Jelliott28

I live in a limited market for 4x4 shops. There is two that I know of. I thought about doing the gears myself but after reading stories on here I think I'm better off paying someone. What is a good price to get 4.88 put in a 2015 jkur? I'm in sc

caminton

Not from SC, but most of the shops in the Alabama market are between $1200-$1600 depending on brand/lockers or not/axles (30/44, 44/44, 44/60, 60/60, 60/80, etc) and other stuff like that. I'd say $1k is a good deal

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
I live in a limited market for 4x4 shops. There is two that I know of. I thought about doing the gears myself but after reading stories on here I think I'm better off paying someone. What is a good price to get 4.88 put in a 2015 jkur? I'm in sc

Shoot a PM over to swampdog. He's also in the CLT area and had gears swapped out recently.

swampdog

Jody at Carolina Axle and 4x4 in Asheville will do install for around $250-300 an axle. Best deal around his work is outstanding. He books up about 6-8 weeks out.

Jelliott28

Thanks guys I'll look into carolina axle and low range. The first quote was from 4wheelparts and it was outrageous.

dchotrod

Jody is the man on the side of the world. His work is top notch, his prices rock, & he just knows his stuff.

iron53man

When I was looking at moving to 35's and 4.56 gears this is the quote I got for gears from a local shop:

D30/D44 Revolution 4.56 Gear Kit w/ Bearing kits: $675 shipped
Labor Install/setup gears D30: $300
Labor Install/setup gears D44: $300
80w-90 Chevron Delo Gear oil: $54

WJCO

Meme King
What brand would yall recommend? I currently looking at Yukon gears. Is there a brand you guys would shy away from

I've heard from several people that Yukon are noisier than others but no other issues I've heard of, but I've also known two people that have run Yukon with no noise. I didn't find reviews any better than others for the extra price on them.

Top Bottom