JK Brake Pads....what do you use?

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I'll be needing pads for the front soon, and was reading the writeup in the maintenance section, and saw that Eddie was using NAPA pads. I don't have a napa around here, but I do have an autozone with their duralast pads, of course I could run OEMs and spend probably a bunch more money, or amazon price whatever they have (acdelco, and such, but those are ceramic, which I try to avoid.) Anywho, does it matter? Have you guys had good/bad experiences with various pads? Any feedback is appreciated.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have not had a good experience with anything but oem. I recently just went cheap on rotors and pads. Yea my jeep stopes worse with fresh rotors and pads than it did before. Put OEM pads back on and my jeep stops somewhat decently again. Next time I will have the Dynatrac system installed

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I'm interested also. I'm looking at going with EBC pads when the time comes. I usually run bendix ultimate or ferodo pads in my other cars with good results. Not sure if they're available in the states though

Ddays

Hooked
I'm interested also. I'm looking at going with EBC pads when the time comes. I usually run bendix ultimate or ferodo pads in my other cars with good results. Not sure if they're available in the states though

Bendix we have but never heard of Ferodo before...

Just did a check & they're (Ferodo)available on Amazon.

steve_r2

I have run EBC pads before....they do help with stopping power but they also chewed through OEM discs at a hell of a rate.
I had yellows on the front and green on the rear.
I have gone back to OEM for now....more longevity but looking at Dynatrac in the future.

swampdog

Bendix we have but never heard of Ferodo before...

Just did a check & they're (Ferodo)available on Amazon.

In the motorcycle racing world, ferodo pads are very well respected and were run by many racers I competed against, myself included.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
In the motorcycle racing world, ferodo pads are very well respected and were run by many racers I competed against, myself included.

Back when they still put asbestos in brake pads. Hardie Ferodo pads were used OEM on just about every Australian made car and the only pad anyone used for sedan racing.

DasBuxxx

I run stock rotors on the back with O'Riley mid grade pads on the back. I have recently installed power stock slotted rotors with ebc green pads on the front and could not be happier with stopping power. I can't speak to how long they will last but I like the feel

jeeeep

Hooked
just installed Wagner OEx front and rear, stopping seems a little better than the pads that came with the Dynatrac but they've only been on about 1200 miles.

I need to clean my wheels to see if they put out as much brake dust. so far happy with the stopping power.

Dynatrac Pro, 37's on ATX Chamber II, PR44/stock rear

madstiles

The cheapest ceramic lifetime warranty the local parts store has on all of my vehicles got a deal on Wagner thermo quiet and they have been great no noise always stop and in the summer florida heat

justtryingtolivd

Subscribed... Looking at the teraflex performance brake kit for the front and rear, thinking of using hawk LTS on them. If anyone has used this combo before, please let me know how they are

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Subscribed... Looking at the teraflex performance brake kit for the front and rear, thinking of using hawk LTS on them. If anyone has used this combo before, please let me know how they are

For the price of the terrorflex kit you mine as well spend the extra cash and get the Dynatrac kit which provides better stopping power

Ausjeep113

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468971480.534106.jpg

I run RDA/EBC Extreme brake pads and slotted and dimpled rotors up front with stock pads and rotors in the rear. Made a huge improvement over stock with the 35's.

( old photo before I replaced the terrashit shocks)

MurderedJK

We run Raybestos in our patrol cars and SUVs. They are put to the toughest braking scenarios and do extremely well. So I went with them for my recent brake job.

BitBucket

Since I got 48K on my original rear OEM pads and still running original OEMs on the front, I stuck with OEMs. 20K of those miles were on 37s.

Top Bottom