Antirock Front & Rear Sway Bar Problems

JeepPeeps

Hi All

Has anyone had any issues with the Currie Antirock Front & Rear Sway Bar coming loose over time and causing a really bad body roll issue on the street.

This is on a 13 JKU with front and rear Antirock's and after about 5,000 miles they were all loose and we cranked them down again and things got way better for 2 days and the issue is right back where it started.
the arms are aluminum on this install and when we asked Currie then not so unexpectedly said "never had that happen before"

any help would be appreciated, thanks much

Sullivan

Mine have gotten loose a few times after a big wheeling trip. Mine need new nylock nuts now tho because of it. But they shouldn't come loose just from driving down the road. Make sure you are locking them down tight

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, can't say that I've heard that happen before. The only thing I have seen is how get real noisy and limit flex.

JeepPeeps

Mine have gotten loose a few times after a big wheeling trip. Mine need new nylock nuts now tho because of it. But they shouldn't come loose just from driving down the road. Make sure you are locking them down tight

i will try the new nylock's but it gets wheeled pretty good every weekend, i am pretty sure its not from street miles i just notice it most on the street... off road it is great since it is so loose, thanks for the suggestion

JeepPeeps

Sorry, can't say that I've heard that happen before. The only thing I have seen is how get real noisy and limit flex.

just curious as to what noise have you found it to make because a couple strange noises have just started that i cant find at all

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
just curious as to what noise have you found it to make because a couple strange noises have just started that i cant find at all

Over time, the Antirocks tend to squeak and creak real loud or at least, that's what I had found.

JeepPeeps

Yes there definitely doing that, is that something to worry about

They only got about 5 to 7000 miles on them

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes there definitely doing that, is that something to worry about

They only got about 5 to 7000 miles on them

No, no worries, just annoying as hell especially being that you've just paid for a product that was supposed to be better than stock and unfortunately, it is not. It is the reason why I still run factory sway bars on both Moby and Rubicat.

Top Bottom