How do i reprogram my TPMS threshold

JeepPeeps

Does anyone know how to reprogram my TPMS threshold on my 13 JKU
would like to set it for 20psi if possible
i have a superchips flashpaq 3872 and they are telling me they stopped letting that feature work, so i see the warning all the time now

any advice would be appreciated

tgoss

I had to use my Aeroforce gauge to do it. My flashpaq didn't work either unfortunately.

tgoss

OK guess I can give that a try

Yeah with the aeroforce I could program any psi amount to trigger a warning so I dropped it to 5 psi. Hope that helps, unfortunately that does mean purchasing another device that is capable of doing 99% of the shit a flashpaq does.

austin160

I disabled mine as well. I'm pretty sure there is one going bad, since the light was always on and all the tires are at 33 psi.

JeepPeeps

i just found out at my shop that the AEV will let you adjust the threshold and i saw the directions and it is one of the main featurtes

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
i just found out at my shop that the AEV will let you adjust the threshold and i saw the directions and it is one of the main featurtes

The AEV Procal will only let you lower the threshold to a certain amount. I don't think you can set it for 20 psi. But you can disable the TPMS completely which is what a lot of people do.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
it goes as low as 22

I thought you were trying to set it to 20 psi? If you set to 22 psi and inflate to 22, then some cold weather hits and drops the pressure the light will come on. Then you'll have to over-inflate to say 27 psi to get the light to clear and then deflate to your desired pressure again. works the same with the factory settings. Guess it depends what your plans are. I went to aftermarket wheels and just ditched the TPMS all together and disabled the light. Problem cured for me.

JeepPeeps

I thought you were trying to set it to 20 psi? If you set to 22 psi and inflate to 22, then some cold weather hits and drops the pressure the light will come on. Then you'll have to over-inflate to say 27 psi to get the light to clear and then deflate to your desired pressure again. works the same with the factory settings. Guess it depends what your plans are. I went to aftermarket wheels and just ditched the TPMS all together and disabled the light. Problem cured for me.

yes, just killing it seems like the answer, it lost seems strange it can't be set to whatever you want

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
yes, just killing it seems like the answer, it lost seems strange it can't be set to whatever you want

Its a liability issue for the manufactures of the unit you're using. I believe there was even a blurb in the AEV manual that disabling the TPMS should only be used for diagnostic purposes or some crap like that. Just covering their asses for when some douche comes back saying he didn't know running single digit psi on the streets was a bad thing and that's why he crashed and killed a van full of nuns. You know....that standard deal.

JeepPeeps

Its a liability issue for the manufactures of the unit you're using. I believe there was even a blurb in the AEV manual that disabling the TPMS should only be used for diagnostic purposes or some crap like that. Just covering their asses for when some douche comes back saying he didn't know running single digit psi on the streets was a bad thing and that's why he crashed and killed a van full of nuns. You know....that standard deal.

Hey "Nun Lives Matter" :D

toyotire

I have a 14 and my procal will let me lower it to 20psi.
try this going from memory so not 100% sure but pretty sure.
put first 3 up 4th and 5th down 6th and 7th down and 8 and 9 up or 9 down cant remember for sure which it was on the 9th switch but try both.

MattMc

I have an AEV procal also. I specifically went with it because it will change your TPMS threshold. You could set it at 22 and run 20 without it triggering the light , I think. The manual makes it seem like the light won't trigger until you're about 6 psi under your threshold.

tcjku

Edit - holy moly, I responded to this thread from yesterday, but there's been a ton of responses since then, so my response is redundant, but I'll leave it here anyway...

i have a superchips flashpaq 3872 and they are telling me they stopped letting that feature work, so i see the warning all the time now

With the Superchips it is possible to turn the TPMS warning off completely. That means you won't get the warning, but you'll need to keep an eye on your tire pressures the old fashioned way, with a tire gauge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom