ARB Compressor/Lockers and...SuperChips TrailDash 2 with Trail Rocker wiring? What?

caminton

So, with the new axle happening sooner rather than later, that means I'm going to have to install a compressor here soon. I dug through the older write-ups and found several about installing the compressor itself, which is good. But I have plenty of questions about the entire setup.

How exactly do the ARB lockers work in regards to the compressor? Does the compressor have to be on all the time in order for the lockers to function?
How do I wire a switch for the lockers? Can I separate them, or do I only get one switch to lock both axles?
What all exactly do I need to get to make this happen as far as compressor, air line, mount, etc.?

I'm looking to install the compressor soon, so I'm gonna knock out a couple of other things I've been planning as well, and have a few questions as far as compatibility.

Will THIS (SuperChips TrailDash 2) combined with THIS (EAS Power Switch) work with THIS (Painless Performance Trail Rocker System with no switches)?

Long story short, can I use the TrailDash 2 as my switches with another "SPOD" type system? Am I trying too hard to make things work together?

Thanks in advance. I love all the advice I've been getting so far.

WJCO

Meme King
So, with the new axle happening sooner rather than later, that means I'm going to have to install a compressor here soon. I dug through the older write-ups and found several about installing the compressor itself, which is good. But I have plenty of questions about the entire setup.

How exactly do the ARB lockers work in regards to the compressor? Does the compressor have to be on all the time in order for the lockers to function?
How do I wire a switch for the lockers? Can I separate them, or do I only get one switch to lock both axles?
What all exactly do I need to get to make this happen as far as compressor, air line, mount, etc.?

I'm looking to install the compressor soon, so I'm gonna knock out a couple of other things I've been planning as well, and have a few questions as far as compatibility.

Will THIS (SuperChips TrailDash 2) combined with THIS (EAS Power Switch) work with THIS (Painless Performance Trail Rocker System with no switches)?

Long story short, can I use the TrailDash 2 as my switches with another "SPOD" type system? Am I trying too hard to make things work together?

Thanks in advance. I love all the advice I've been getting so far.

This link shows the wiring diagram: http://www.aircompressorsdirect.com/manuals/arbckmta12_ckmta24manual_2.pdf

I believe you will have two separate switches. I don't know the answers on your other questions and am wanting to learn here as well for when I do my PR, I'm going to go with the ARB locker as well. I have the compressor, but not the manifold nor switches.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
I purchased a twin ARB compressor with manifold and it came with the entire wiring harness for the compressor and pigtails for the solenoids if you have air lockers. I purchased a trail rocker thinking I needed it to integrate everything but I found out that I didn't need to. I mounted the three switches for the compressor and lockers by the center console and I'll do A pillar switches and hook my Trail Rocker up to those. I just need more accessories now. [emoji23]

tgoss

You'll have 2 switches to operate your lockers. YOu'll have to turn on the air compressor and leave it on. Then you can engage the ARB locker.

I have both front and rear lockers as well as my compressor all wired to my sPOD.

If you have any questions on wiring to individual switches, ARB includes some really easy to follow instructions and the wiring harness is very straight forward.

Wiring to a switch system is a little bit more involved but I would be happy to walk you through it if you go that route.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Does anyone know the wiring system/diagram for running three outputs? For example: front locker, rear locker and air actuated no-limits front sway bar disconnect?

tgoss

Does anyone know the wiring system/diagram for running three outputs? For example: front locker, rear locker and air actuated no-limits front sway bar disconnect?

I would assume you're just going to add a 3rd solenoid for no limits and wire that accordingly to it's own switch. So in essence, you would need 4 total switches: Compressor on/off, lockers (x2), Acc Solenoid (no-limits).

caminton

You'll have 2 switches to operate your lockers. YOu'll have to turn on the air compressor and leave it on. Then you can engage the ARB locker.

I have both front and rear lockers as well as my compressor all wired to my sPOD.

If you have any questions on wiring to individual switches, ARB includes some really easy to follow instructions and the wiring harness is very straight forward.

Wiring to a switch system is a little bit more involved but I would be happy to walk you through it if you go that route.

Wouldn't I have 3 switches? Compressor on, front locker, rear locker?

WJCO

Meme King

You'd probably have to do something custom but could make it work. I didn't see anything in the ARB manual for adding on a 3rd in a way that they provide.

DSC03836.jpg

DSC03837.jpg

DSC03838.jpg

DSC03839.jpg

tgoss

Wouldn't I have 3 switches? Compressor on, front locker, rear locker?

From what I gathered you were just doing your front axle from the other thread, but yes, if you did a rear locker then you would have 3 switches.

caminton

From what I gathered you were just doing your front axle from the other thread, but yes, if you did a rear locker then you would have 3 switches.

Sorry. Should've clarified. Installing a PR44 upfront with locker, regearing and locking the rear at the same time. Two lockers.
My bad :)

tgoss

Sorry. Should've clarified. Installing a PR44 upfront with locker, regearing and locking the rear at the same time. Two lockers.
My bad :)

No worries. All the wiring harnesses and switches will be included with the lockers and compressor.

You'll have 3 switches, 1 to operate each component and yeah you'll have to leave the compressor on while operating the lockers as line pressure will decrease once activated.

If you use a 3rd party switch system like trail rocker or spod I'll be happy to help you with the wiring. It's really straight forward and you DO NOT have to buy any pigtail adapters for ARB components. All of it can be done easily for free :)

caminton

If you use a 3rd party switch system like trail rocker or spod I'll be happy to help you with the wiring. It's really straight forward and you DO NOT have to buy any pigtail adapters for ARB components. All of it can be done easily for free :)

That's my plan. My main concern though is whether or not the Trail Rocker will work with the TrailDash 2 Accessory system.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
I would assume you're just going to add a 3rd solenoid for no limits and wire that accordingly to it's own switch. So in essence, you would need 4 total switches: Compressor on/off, lockers (x2), Acc Solenoid (no-limits).

My question was directed more towards how to provide air from the manifold to the no limits disconnector. I only see 2 outputs with solenoid attachments.

tgoss

My question was directed more towards how to provide air from the manifold to the no limits disconnector. I only see 2 outputs with solenoid attachments.

You'll have to drill/tap into that manifold for a third port or get yourself a distribution block to run off of it.

caminton

Anyone have any idea about the Trail Rocker system working with the EAS for SuperChips? I can't find anything about compatibility.

dillard09

Couldn't you just put a "T" off one of the ports on the manifold and then put your 2 solonoids. That would give you 3 solonoids total. Just a thought.

2011jk

My Traildash with EAS works great with the ARB's just rewire the ARB harness so you can use either locker separately.

caminton

My Traildash with EAS works great with the ARB's just rewire the ARB harness so you can use either locker separately.

Thanks, that helps a little. BUT I'm still trying to figure out if the TrailDash w/EAS will work with the Trail Rocker system from Painless. Could you maybe shed some light on this? It's an sPOD type system.

2011jk

The eas can send the 12v signal to whatever relay you want..if thats what what your asking.

ARB wiring requires the rear locker to be engaged to use the front, look at their wiring diagram.

I just reran the wires so the front could get power without the rear engaged.

The ARB relay air switch wiring doesn't need to go to the Trail Rocker system. Just wire each to the eas.

The Trail Rocker system is just needed to power the compressor. All you need is the part that connects a fused 12V+ source to the compressor through the dash-mounted activation switch and pressure switch, along with ground connections and a dash-lighting 12V source to illuminate the switch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom