XD60 front pairing with UD60 rear

mastrcruse

Im looking into into my front axle options to pair with my Ud60 rear. When I purchased the rear I was thinking I'd pair my rear (just received last week) with an XD60. I was actually told by the Dana/spicer rep that the UD rear and XD60 front is a great combo especially if I want to upgrade to coilovers down the road (XD60 has more room on driver side?).

Any reason why not to pair the 2? Want to make sure I'm not missing anything

MOOK

Shouldn't have any issues. Have it made custom width at 69in wide to match your rear. 8x6.5 wheel pattern. Everything should be fine

mastrcruse

Shouldn't have any issues. Have it made custom width at 69in wide to match your rear. 8x6.5 wheel pattern. Everything should be fine

Thanks. Wasn't thinking it should be complicated but thought I'd ask. I think the pair XD60/UD60 is a pretty good pairing for me since I'm not going to do a motor swap.

You may want to do a little more research before you make that leap, specifically regarding wheel choice. If memory serves, the ud60 comes with bigger brakes that don't work with all 17" wheels. 17" Slabs for example dont fit from what I was told.

Edit: just reread your post and saw that you already purchased the ud60. In that case, whatever wheels you plan to use on it should have no problems fitting the xd as well, provided the bolt patterns the same as mentioned above.

Last edited:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
You may want to do a little more research before you make that leap, specifically regarding wheel choice. If memory serves, the ud60 comes with bigger brakes that don't work with all 17" wheels. 17" Slabs for example dont fit from what I was told. Edit: just reread your post and saw that you already purchased the ud60. In that case, whatever wheels you plan to use on it should have no problems fitting the xd as well, provided the bolt patterns the same as mentioned above.

FYI ATX Slabs do fit the UD60 axles.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You may want to do a little more research before you make that leap, specifically regarding wheel choice. If memory serves, the ud60 comes with bigger brakes that don't work with all 17" wheels. 17" Slabs for example dont fit from what I was told.

LOL!! You sure do love to regurgitate things you were told.

mastrcruse

Thanks guys!

From the research and conversations I've had, I'm looking to go with the trail ready beads. 17x8.5 with a 3.5" backspacing seems to be the setup most people go with. Some fluctuate on the Dyntracs from 3.5-4.25" backspacing but to keep em' all the same around at 3.5".

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys!

From the research and conversations I've had, I'm looking to go with the trail ready beads. 17x8.5 with a 3.5" backspacing seems to be the setup most people go with. Some fluctuate on the Dyntracs from 3.5-4.25" backspacing but to keep em' all the same around at 3.5".

What kind of suspension system are you hoping to run on your Jeep and how big of a tire? If you plan on running something like a EVO DTD system with a set of 13.50 wide or wider tires, 3.5" of back spacing is what I'd recommend. Otherwise, you will have rubbing issues.

mastrcruse

What kind of suspension system are you hoping to run on your Jeep and how big of a tire? If you plan on running something like a EVO DTD system with a set of 13.50 wide or wider tires, 3.5" of back spacing is what I'd recommend. Otherwise, you will have rubbing issues.

I'll run the 60's with my current RK coil/long arm setup for now. I'm running the 3.5" kit, however, might look into replacing the coils to the 5.5" if necessary. I"m bouncing between staying with 37's until I discontinue it as a daily or just DD'ing 40's. I'll be driving a few local rigs to see. Either way it'll be 37x13.5, 38x13.5, or 40x13.5...worse case it'll be a 12.5 width...so no 15.5" width for me. I'll run this for a little while and look into a coilovers system...DTD is on the list among a few others.

mastrcruse

i can't seem to find confirmation anywhere,

Can someone explain why/if the XD60/PR60 make it easier to place coilovers in the optimal position vs. the Ud60? Does it have to do with how far in the C is mounted?

Mizippi

I am running this combo (w/ARBs in both and Slabs). I only did it because Dynatrac didn't have full float in a D60 at the time.

How did yours turn out?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mastrcruse

I am running this combo (w/ARBs in both and Slabs). I only did it because Dynatrac didn't have full float in a D60 at the time.

How did yours turn out?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ordering my xD60 on Monday when steve gets back. It was a back and forth decision but all the recent issues I've seen made me change my mind.

mastrcruse

Just ordered my XD60. So pumped!

Options I went with were the stubby hub, big brake kit, extreme tubing, 4340 outers/inners.

Top Bottom