Adjustable Control Arms

jkhutchison09

I currently have a RC 3.5 series II lift on my '11 JKU and bought it over a year ago as a starter lift. It came with fixed front lower control arms and I really can't complain with the on road/off road driveability except some flightyness at high speeds or with strong crosswinds. I still plan on upgrading coils to EVO 4" with Bilstein 5100s and was wondering the route to go as for adjustable control arms. I know it will improve handling but I can't seem to get a straight answer on which ones to get first. I originally thought front lower and rear upper to start but have seen discussions stating the opposite. So I have come for some wayalife wisdom!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I currently have a RC 3.5 series II lift on my '11 JKU and bought it over a year ago as a starter lift. It came with fixed front lower control arms and I really can't complain with the on road/off road driveability except some flightyness at high speeds or with strong crosswinds. I still plan on upgrading coils to EVO 4" with Bilstein 5100s and was wondering the route to go as for adjustable control arms. I know it will improve handling but I can't seem to get a straight answer on which ones to get first. I originally thought front lower and rear upper to start but have seen discussions stating the opposite. So I have come for some wayalife wisdom!

Here's a straight answer for you, flightyness at highway speeds is caused by a lack of positive caster. Installing a set of front lower adjustable control arms will allow you to restore some of the caster that you lost with your lift and that should help things out. This is where you should start. You would only need rear uppers if you are running an aftermarket u-joint style drive shaft as they would be needed to set your pinion angle. They will not address your flightlyness issues.

Top Bottom