Driver side lower control arm.

JEEPnGEO

I have a set of adjustable control arms (name withheld) and the lower drivers side cannot be adjusted. The shop I took it to tried to move the heim in it and the thing was stuck. After working on it for 2 days they were able to move it a little but I still need it to move a little more. They tried heat and 4 foot long pipe wrenches etc and can't move screw the thing or unscrew it. The joint itself works great and the company will not let me buy just the drivers side. I have been applying WD-40 and PB-anti rust or rust killer spray on it everyday before driving it to work. It has been a week of applications. I want to take it off this weekend and see if it will come apart.

Do any of you guys have any suggestions? I saw a video on You Tube about this spray that freezes the nut then you tighten it then you start loosening it. Then you start working it free. I don't have a vise but I have access to a welder and steel. I was thinking about making a 10 foot long breaker bar......

ANY THOUGHTS?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have a set of adjustable control arms (name withheld) and the lower drivers side cannot be adjusted. The shop I took it to tried to move the heim in it and the thing was stuck. After working on it for 2 days they were able to move it a little but I still need it to move a little more. They tried heat and 4 foot long pipe wrenches etc and can't move screw the thing or unscrew it. The joint itself works great and the company will not let me buy just the drivers side. I have been applying WD-40 and PB-anti rust or rust killer spray on it everyday before driving it to work. It has been a week of applications. I want to take it off this weekend and see if it will come apart.

Do any of you guys have any suggestions? I saw a video on You Tube about this spray that freezes the nut then you tighten it then you start loosening it. Then you start working it free. I don't have a vise but I have access to a welder and steel. I was thinking about making a 10 foot long breaker bar......

ANY THOUGHTS?

Brand might help us tell you how to adjust it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed ^^^

Not sure what the deal is about naming the brand but it's hard to know what to even recommend if we don't know what you're working with. Can you at least post up a pic?

JEEPnGEO

I didn't want to mention the brand because the thread will be full of "I hate those guys", "I love those guys" comments which will not help me one bit.

I have Rock Krawler UPPERS and LOWERS FRONT AND BACK All of them are fine except the driver side front lower. It doesn't look beat up either. It is a little chaffed from having pipe wrenches put to it but other than that it is in fine shape.

I don't have the receipt and I had it 2014 I believe. Their warranty claim about abuse proof is shit. I will never buy another thing from them if they don't support what they sell. The heim works fine. It just won't unscrew from the arm.

SEE what you did. You got me ranting about them now....... LOL

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I didn't want to mention the brand because the thread will be full of "I hate those guys", "I love those guys" comments which will not help me one bit.

I have Rock Krawler UPPERS and LOWERS FRONT AND BACK All of them are fine except the driver side front lower. It doesn't look beat up either. It is a little chaffed from having pipe wrenches put to it but other than that it is in fine shape.

I don't have the receipt and I had it 2014 I believe. Their warranty claim about abuse proof is shit. I will never buy another thing from them if they don't support what they sell. The heim works fine. It just won't unscrew from the arm.

SEE what you did. You got me ranting about them now....... LOL

The first thing I did with my RK arms after I installed them was take them back off and sell them. Pushed my rear axle back to far and I couldn't set my caster properly either because I couldn't to adjust short enough so they wouldn't bend my front coils so much that I couldn't flex do to the bump stops getting caught on the coils.

I would just ditch them honestly especially if you have already heated them a lot. You already weakened the metal by doing that

JEEPnGEO

The first thing I did with my RK arms after I installed them was take them back off and sell them. Pushed my rear axle back to far and I couldn't set my caster properly either because I couldn't to adjust short enough so they wouldn't bend my front coils so much that I couldn't flex do to the bump stops getting caught on the coils.

I would just ditch them honestly especially if you have already heated them a lot. You already weakened the metal by doing that

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

ROTMFFLMFAO

You SOLD THEM TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just went back into my PMs to see if I still had the messages between you and me and I got the fronts from you... March 2013. LOL

I am still laughing.... I suck.......

Red_rox_jk

ROTMFFLMFAO

I just went back into my PMs to see if I still had the messages between you and me and I got the fronts from you... March 2013. LOL

I wouldn't say that. I couldn't be happier with mine.

swampdog

My RK front lowers are a year old and have held up great. I grease them once a month, they are silent, and the bolts haven't backed out a bit yet.

USMC Wrangler

My RK front lowers are a year old and have held up great. I grease them once a month, they are silent, and the bolts haven't backed out a bit yet.

Out of curiosity, did you replace the manufacturer fittings so you can use actual grease? I've serviced mine once since installing with the recommended 3 in 1 oil. It's a PITA to do that.

I wish I would've actually looked at the maintenance info before buying and installing. But, I was also feeling hurried to fix a problem when I purchased.

swampdog

Out of curiosity, did you replace the manufacturer fittings so you can use actual grease? I've serviced mine once since installing with the recommended 3 in 1 oil. It's a PITA to do that.

I wish I would've actually looked at the maintenance info before buying and installing. But, I was also feeling hurried to fix a problem when I purchased.

They came with grease zerks. Once a month a pump of high pressure grease and they have been great.

USMC Wrangler

They came with grease zerks. Once a month a pump of high pressure grease and they have been great.

The zerks I have won't allow grease to flow. Maybe I need a different size fitting for my grease gun. The gun works flawlessly on my JKS discos. I should compare the sizes. Thanks and sorry for the hijack OP.

JEEPnGEO

I took the heims apart last year to make sure they were good and they looked beautiful. I use WD-40. I do forget to spray them down here and there but I do use AMSOIL grease on everything. Before putting it back together I smeared them with a super light coat leaving no visible grease behind. surface was slick as snot. Everything went back together fine and I still spray them down. I never had any issue with them till now.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

ROTMFFLMFAO

:cheesy: well that's explains everything

Top Bottom