2014 Transmission Slipping?

sjd78

So I'm not sure what the deal is and maybe you guys will have some insight or advice before I take it to the dealer. When my auto transmission shifts to 3rd gear and reaches 3k rpm it immediately looses a couple hundred rpm as if I let off the accelerator just a hair then the rpm's climb right back up. It's really strange and has been doing this for a while now or at least I noticed it a while ago. I'm running 37" tires with 5:13 gears and a Superchips Flashpaq. I've tried different tunes and they all do it. The only thing I haven't tried is going back to stock without a tune. But my understanding is that the Flashpaq doesn't reprogram the transmission anyways is that correct? Thanks guys!

Byte

So I'm not sure what the deal is and maybe you guys will have some insight or advice before I take it to the dealer. When my auto transmission shifts to 3rd gear and reaches 3k rpm it immediately looses a couple hundred rpm as if I let off the accelerator just a hair then the rpm's climb right back up. It's really strange and has been doing this for a while now or at least I noticed it a while ago. I'm running 37" tires with 5:13 gears and a Superchips Flashpaq. I've tried different tunes and they all do it. The only thing I haven't tried is going back to stock without a tune. But my understanding is that the Flashpaq doesn't reprogram the transmission anyways is that correct? Thanks guys!

Don't know anything about the autos in the JK's but based on your description it sounds like it's hitting the overdrive shift point. Is the auto a 3-speed w/ OD? Does it feel like an additional shift? Does the lower gearing mixed with 37's affect how that would fell? I guess I'm talking out my ass 'cause I have no experience with anything even close to your setup. :doh: If they do have OD try pushing the button on the shifter to shut it off and see if you get the same result.

Anyway, hope somebody with a similar setup can weigh in here with their experience!

Journeyman

I would try going back to stock. My tranny on my 13 wasn't happy with the banks programmer in any of the power settings. All the problems went away when I went back to stock tune.

Kilroy

I get that when I'm going around the corner it will shift up drop 1000 RPMs like it's gonna shift but doesn't shift and then goes back in. I'm changing out the fluid in it this month

sjd78

This only happens when accelerating in 3rd gear. As soon as it hits 3k rpm's while I'm still holding the accelerator in the same position it drops about 200 rpm's and then climbs back up until it shifts to 4th gear. I'll try the stock program and see if that cures it.

Byte

This only happens when accelerating in 3rd gear. As soon as it hits 3k rpm's while I'm still holding the accelerator in the same position it drops about 200 rpm's and then climbs back up until it shifts to 4th gear. I'll try the stock program and see if that cures it.

Ah OK so this is definitely separate from the shift into OD. Yeah hopefully it is just a tune issue that can be fixed or worked around.

Top Bottom