OE tie rod assembly replacement.

Jitsujeeper

Anyone know what tie rod assembly will fit with 16" wheel and 4" backspacing? 16" Procomp 7069 wheel to be exact

Jitsujeeper

Yes, the factory one clears. I bent it, so was thinking it's time to upgrade that thing. Looks like all the aftermarket units need 17"+ wheels and at least 4.5 backspacing.

For the price I'm considering a ruff stuff builders kit but, would really prefer to not have to go through all that work.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
The Ruffstuff isn't gonna clear a 16" wheel. I had a rubbing issue (actually hitting wheel weights) at full turn with factory 17s and 1.5" spacers.

dillard09

You running a drag link flip? How long did you have the factory one before the bend? I run factory, and just have an extra one in my jeep now, just in case. You can get 2 for less than $100. Easy swap.

Jitsujeeper

Drag link and tie rod assembly are stock. Whichever route I go I will be doing a drag link flip at time of replacement. Just having a hard time finding a tie rod that'll fit with my stupid wheels. A custom diy kit might be my only choice.

Jitsujeeper

I have the rhd drag link and the synergy insert already so i can do the flip. Not worried about that. It's the main tie rod that's the issue. Was wondering if anyone knew of an "off the shelve" bar that would work. Looks like it will have to be made for my specific needs in my case.

JeepDrum

You running a drag link flip? How long did you have the factory one before the bend? I run factory, and just have an extra one in my jeep now, just in case. You can get 2 for less than $100. Easy swap.

Are you talking about new or used ones? About 50 bucks for one isn't bad. My ends are getting kinda loose.

tonytony9

Sorry for the hi-jack.

Where can you get them that cheap? I have worn tie rod and drag links and am considering upgrading; but you are right it is an easy swap especially if you don't wheel often.

dillard09

Sorry for the hi-jack.

Where can you get them that cheap? I have worn tie rod and drag links and am considering upgrading; but you are right it is an easy swap especially if you don't wheel often.

I got it off Amazon. Just Google search Crown right hand drag link for JK.

Top Bottom