Front vs rear tire wear

Hammmerhead

How often does everyone rotate? It seems like my rears haven't lost any tread in 3K miles but the front are little more noticeable, but no cupping or abnormal wear from an alignment issue that I can see. Just had me wondering with a lot of the weight up if other had experienced this.

Hot94Z28

I rotate every oil change. And with the heavy bumper and winch I think or at least see the front wears faster.

bholder817

I rotate all tires every 3000 miles. I also check my wheel spacers at the same time. I did not do the same for my first set of mud terrains and I messed them up prematurely because of it.

Mr.Reacher

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469663626.633722.jpg
I screened shot this from a while back when I started my rotation. I'm due for one in another 3,000 miles. As for the "unusual" wear for the fronts. Can't say i have "actually" noticed. 🤔 lifers chime in please I'm curious.

WJCO

Meme King
Mud tires or coarse tires every 3-5k(every oil change). ATs or finer, every 6-8k (every other oil change). Can you post some pics of the wear?

Hammmerhead

Mud tires or coarse tires every 3-5k(every oil change). ATs or finer, every 6-8k (every other oil change). Can you post some pics of the wear?

I don't know if it will do much good as I bought the Jeep with these tires used. They look nice and flat. I rotated them as soon as I bought it because the rears looked thinner than the front on tread, thinking that they had never been rotated since new. I know the Jeep had been towed by an RV some which may have caused the fronts to wear sooner as well. I figured in 3K miles of mostly street use, I would see a little more wear from the rear vs the front which led me to this question.

TennJK

I found that when I did more back road miles, my fronts had more wear on the edges. And when I did more highway miles the wear was in the middle. Rears always seemed to wear evenly.

WJCO

Meme King
Even on a RWD vehicle, the fronts will always wear a little more due to engine weight and steering/turning forces. Unless of course you have a sports car and are always spinning the rear tires :D

Top Bottom