JK Twin ARB under hood mount

sldrstoy

Just an FYI that I'm sure most savvy JK owners know, but the Rubi's and I'm sure a few other models come with a heat shield on the hood that interferes with the fitment of the compressor. Not a big deal if you don't mind the compressor and/or hose fittings cutting into the heat shield. I used the Barnes4x4 mount because it was suppose to be easy to install.... A day later and a lot of cutting I was able to drop the compressor low enough to clear most things... Not a knock at the part just an FYI.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469667725.910973.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469667751.345825.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469667764.230419.jpg

Hopefully the picks works, but I ended up dropping the mount down quite a bit and shouldn't have as many parts cutting into the heat liner anymore. [emoji482]

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Sucks to hear you had issues with that mount. I have had zero issues with my MORE amount over the past few years and it needed zero modification.

swampdog

Sucks to hear you had issues with that mount. I have had zero issues with my MORE amount over the past few years and it needed zero modification.

Same here. The MORE mount installed with no cutting and 9 months later is holding strong with no re-torquing.

sldrstoy

The M.O.R.E. Mount was the next option if I wasn't/can't make this one work. Te mount appears to fit, it was just leaving indentions/cutting my heat shield liner. The good still closed, it was just too close for comfort...

swampdog

The elbow of my output line presses in to the heat shield, but it's soft insulation so it doesn't matter

mastrcruse

I just removed my MORE mount and am selling it. Since its been on, it's given me zero issues and has stood up to the weight of the compressor and the bouncing of the jeep. It wasn't the most fun to install (that one damn bolt) but it keeps it out of the way and put it in a great spot to run the wire.

blackrubi14

The elbow on mine presses against the heat shield as well. I just took a piece of pliable self adhesive aluminum heat shield and stuck it to the factory heat shield to prevent the elbow from tearing into the factory heat shield. Works like a charm.

Top Bottom