teetering

I have a couple questions about some things I am about to purchase. I will be running 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers and was wondering what rim would be a good choice, I love the look of slabs but they are pretty pricey and I don't think I will absolutely need a beadlocked wheel. I like the look of AEV pintler wheels but I know they have been known to crack… Any other rim along that style but is stronger? I know ProComp has one similar, are they any good? Also what brand of drive shaft do you guys know and trust? Thanks a bunch! I know I ask a lot of questions, I just want to only have to do it once and do it right.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I believe Coast and JE Reel make good driveshafts.

This. I currently have both. And slabs. IMO if you can afford new wheels, you can wait and save a few more per wheel to get beadlocks. ESPECIALLY if you are going to wheel.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have a couple questions about some things I am about to purchase. I will be running 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers and was wondering what rim would be a good choice, I love the look of slabs but they are pretty pricey and I don't think I will absolutely need a beadlocked wheel. I like the look of AEV pintler wheels but I know they have been known to crack… Any other rim along that style but is stronger? I know ProComp has one similar, are they any good? Also what brand of drive shaft do you guys know and trust? Thanks a bunch! I know I ask a lot of questions, I just want to only have to do it once and do it right.

Kmc, ATX are good wheels. Also there is one that is only offered thru discount tire that looks good. It's the level 8 tracker pro's.

Adams, coast, and je reel

Great info guys! I am ordering things from TrailJeeps and they don't carry JE Reel so should I just order it straight from their website? I am afraid I'll order the wrong ones haha

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Great info guys! I am ordering things from TrailJeeps and they don't carry JE Reel so should I just order it straight from their website? I am afraid I'll order the wrong ones haha

I ordered my Adams shaft straight from Adams. They make you measure everything to make sure you get the right length for your lift height and such

I ordered my Adams shaft straight from Adams. They make you measure everything to make sure you get the right length for your lift height and such

I have a je reel 1350 up front. But I didn't do any measuring before I got it installed. To date, there have been no issues. Should I have needed to do measurements?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have a je reel 1350 up front. But I didn't do any measuring before I got it installed. To date, there have been no issues. Should I have needed to do measurements?

Adams just likes to do it that way to make sure you have enough slip and stuff built into the shaft for your lift and such. I haven't heard of people having issues with there reels or coasts they order without measuring so I'm sure you will be fine

Adams just likes to do it that way to make sure you have enough slip and stuff built into the shaft for your lift and such. I haven't heard of people having issues with there reels or coasts they order without measuring so I'm sure you will be fine

Alright good to know.

Slimebones

My Adams have treated me great so far. ie: toughest trail to date, Spring Creek, Colorado. Just for reference sake.

I dont think you can go wrong with adams, reel or coast. Like coz said, kmc, atx all make nice wheels, as does method.

Big Bad Wolf

I have no idea how other shafts have held up but my Tatton front 1310 has held up with zero failure. I am a bit heavy footed with the sluggish 3.8.

Top Bottom