No lift "yet" and Draglink

TRLJNKY

Well found my draglink is loose as all hell and did some research. From what I can see most aftermarkets are flip kits that recommend install on lifted vehicles. I do plan on installing a budget boost here shortly and a Evo enforcer within the next year hopefully. Should I just replace with stockish components until the lift is complete or can I unstall a synergy or equal draglink now and start the upgrade process at stock height?

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
cav♤fighter;742990 said:
Well found my draglink is loose as all hell and did some research. From what I can see most aftermarkets are flip kits that recommend install on lifted vehicles. I do plan on installing a budget boost here shortly and a Evo enforcer within the next year hopefully. Should I just replace with stockish components until the lift is complete or can I unstall a synergy or equal draglink now and start the upgrade process at stock height?

Just look into a crown DL only about $60

Frydaddy

Flipping the drag link requires a minimum of a 3" lift and/or 3" spring bumpers to prevent the linkage from hitting things. I see no problem with using an OEM Right-Hand-Drive drag link in the mean time if you're not planning on extreme wheeling.

52126058AD RHD Tie Rod End - $50
7/8" Drag Link Flip Adapter - $10
= a lot cheaper than $200-$300 kits

Remember, you must have the 3" spring bumpers to prevent binding.

Journeyman

You can upgrade your drag link now, but as stated above you cannot flip the drag link until you have min 3" lift and bumps stops set accordingly. I flipped mine and with 3" lift springs and at full stuff on the bump stops the link is about 1/4" from touching the frame on the passenger side.

jesse3638

Hooked
Flipping the drag link requires a minimum of a 3" lift and/or 3" spring bumpers to prevent the linkage from hitting things. I see no problem with using an OEM Right-Hand-Drive drag link in the mean time if you're not planning on extreme wheeling.

52126058AD RHD Tie Rod End - $50
7/8" Drag Link Flip Adapter - $10
= a lot cheaper than $200-$300 kits

Remember, you must have the 3" spring bumpers to prevent binding.

Most flip kits come with a track bar relocation bracket and sway bar bracket in addition to what you listed above. This is important in order to keep your steering geometry correct and the track bad and DL parallel. That needs to be kept in mind too.

TRLJNKY

Thanks for all the input. Im going to go the oem route for now and save the upgrade draglink for a later date. Thank you for the guidance everyone.

Top Bottom