Rear aftermarket seat (Single) 2DR - Baby coming 🏻

BenJKWrangler15

Sooo I have a baby on the way, due date December 8th 2016 and so that means I will need to put back the rear seat in my JK for that newborn Jeeper to tag along when daddy's out wheeling (or you know, grocery shopping #MallRated...)

The thing is, I don't want to put back the OEM double rear seat in my 2DR JK. One, I just have one baby coming. Second, it's tiny enough as it is back there already and I don't and I mean reallyyy don't want to waiste all the space I got from removing my rear backseat in the first place.

So I looked on the internet and found this

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469731040.957289.jpg

A single foldable seat to put in the back and have myself some me-room for all the trail gear, luggages and cooler I want to carry on my upcoming family trips.

Unfortunately, I couldn't quite figure out from the Google link what seat was used in the picture above. I did some digging on retailers website but couldn't find anything similar to it. So I come to you, WAL-guys for some help. Could anyone point me in the right direction for this? The one in the picture seems foldable as well as single. If I could get my hand on one of these, life would be good.

So, any ideas?
Thanks!

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
As a dad of 2, I hate to say it, but I'd consider trading up for a JKU. You're gonna have a tough time with a stroller, and everything else you need for a kid. Could you do it? Sure, but it is a giant PITA. Just my .02 of course.

BenJKWrangler15

As a dad of 2, I hate to say it, but I'd consider trading up for a JKU. You're gonna have a tough time with a stroller, and everything else you need for a kid. Could you do it? Sure, but it is a giant PITA. Just my .02 of course.

Already looked into it but as of right now I loosing too much trading-in my '15 for a JKU... So single seat it is for now :) The wife as her own berlin 4 doors car for the rest

benatc1

Hooked
Thats a neat idea for a rear seat, I haven't seen that before. What I will say is, while i do not have one on the way, family will be growing in the near future and as a current JK owner I will likely move to a JKU before i build my Jeep much further, i had a thread about this similar concern and for a handful of different reasons people suggested moving to a JKU. This will be a tough decision because I truly love my JK and have put a lot of time, effort, and money into it. If you dont have the ability to make that move, this seat might be a decent idea, i just worry you will inevitably have to make that leap anyway. best of luck and congrats on the little one!

BenJKWrangler15

Thats a neat idea for a rear seat, I haven't seen that before. What I will say is, while i do not have one on the way, family will be growing in the near future and as a current JK owner I will likely move to a JKU before i build my Jeep much further, i had a thread about this similar concern and for a handful of different reasons people suggested moving to a JKU. This will be a tough decision because I truly love my JK and have put a lot of time, effort, and money into it. If you dont have the ability to make that move, this seat might be a decent idea, i just worry you will inevitably have to make that leap anyway. best of luck and congrats on the little one!

Yeah well my 2DR will stay beside me - daddy's toy :)

Subscribed. Let's help find a single seat solution since a few of us just prefer 2 door jeeps

Thanks man - And that's one of many other things that makes me want to do this mod - I just love my 2DR

JeepDrum

That's a pretty sweet seat. I've never seen that before. Hopefully someone can point us in the right direction.

caminton

Also subscribed. Recently married, thinking about kids in the next 2-3 years, and want to keep my 2DR. My wife wants a JKU or a Grand, so we'll be alright in that sense. Just thinking once the kid(s) get older, they'll want to tag along.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I don't think anybody makes anything. It's a huge liability risk to start changing the way seats mount in a vehicle. It wouldn't be hard to do but I don't think I would put a baby in a custom mounted seat.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I don't think anybody makes anything. It's a huge liability risk to start changing the way seats mount in a vehicle. It wouldn't be hard to do but I don't think I would put a baby in a custom mounted seat.

Terror flex makes a rear jumper seat bracket

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I don't see how the 2dr guys fit rear facing baby/kid seats in a 2dr JK. I have a Chico NextFit and Britax Frontier 90 for my 2 kids, and it's a tight fit on the back of a JK. Even with one seat, it's a PITA. Once the kids are old/heavy enough to go front facing it isn't too bad. But with rear facing seats, what ever side of the vehicle you have the seat on, the front seat has to be pretty far forward. Uncomfortable if you are taller than maybe 5 ft and a few inches, and also sitting with your knees in the dash, with your face right in the airbag zone. That's in a 4dr, so I can only imagine how tight a 2dr would be. F that. If there were a way to deactivate the passenger side airbag I'd put a kid's seat there, but unfortunately there isn't a way to do that without also deactivating the driver's side, and throwing an airbag light.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
I'll have too say that I'm looking into doing the JKU eventually but like I told my wife were kinda stuck and prolly gonna have to deal with having 2dr and kids for while til we pay off D-day
still that back seat idea sounds good for what your wanting to do

Top Bottom