Air intakes

Ant's JK

There's probably a thread out there on this topic, I was wondering which intakes are compatible with the 2015 jk I know I read somewhere that there was issues with certain intakes I just can't remember

WJCO

Meme King
There's probably a thread out there on this topic

There are about five threads on this topic.

I was wondering which intakes are compatible with the 2015 jk I know I read somewhere that there was issues with certain intakes I just can't remember

The stock 2015 intake is very compatible with the 2015 jk. I don't know of any others off the top of my head.

There's a handful out there. Just curious why you want to get an air intake? I've heard lots of talk about intakes not being worth it whatsoever. Other than a "cool noise" you get. But if you're gonna get one, I'm sure some peeps will chime in with what they're running.

Journeyman

Literally a thread gets started everyday on this topic.
I have a banks CAI sitting on the floor of my shop space taking up space, I'll give a good deal on. Ran it for 10k before I put the stock intake back on!

JeepFan

Hooked
Huge waste of money in my opinion. I think the big issue with them was dirt getting past the filter and ingested into the intake.

Ant's JK

I was just considering it but if it's not worth it I'd rather save up for an exhaust. I was just looking for info

WJCO

Meme King
I was just considering it but if it's not worth it I'd rather save up for an exhaust. I was just looking for info

To me it just seems unnecessary to have one on a Jeep. It's not a sports car and it sees dustier environments. And this is coming from someone who has one. I strictly did it to make room for other necessary under hood mods.

Yea, I would save that money for an exhaust. I have an afe cat back high-tuck exhaust. It does sound pretty mean, but most importantly it moves the exhaust from the back of the jeep and out of the way. No more bashing that thing coming off ledges anymore.

jeeeep

Hooked
IMO the design of the stock intake is made to flow as well and sometimes better than aftermarket and it's sealed from the elements better and it's the filter that's the restriction.

I'd switch out the filter element for a non-oil performance filter.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I have the Volant intake on my '15. I didn't want a CAI on my JK. I have one because the factory one had such a huge hole cut in it when the PSC hydro assist was installed. My steering kit has custom Aeroquip lines instead of the lines that PSC provides with the extreme duty kit, and they are routed slightly different from the PSC instructions. The location of the reservoir and routing of the lines required cutting a giant hole in the air box. I picked up my Volant intake used for pretty cheap by trading some stock parts I had. I also had to hack it up on the bottom to clear the lines, but I run a Donaldson power core filter with the screen over top of it. I'm going to patch the hole in it by riveting a panel onto it when I get time. It's very similar in design to the air filters used on some reciprocating aircraft engines, and filters very well. Oiled filters are crap, stay away from them. Even still I'm sure my engine might take on more debris through the inlet track that the stock air box and filter. I have V-8 plans in store so not really too worried about it.

With that said. Just stick with the stock intake. It's the best airbox out there for the JK.

Last edited:
Top Bottom