Fender Flares

Mikecal9985

Hey guys! I've been looking for some fender flares that are durable and that won't break the bank either. I came across these and was wondering if anyone on here is running these and what your thoughts are on them. Feel free to post pics as well.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469735302.703689.jpg

Thanks in advance for the info.

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
Hey guys! I've been looking for some fender flares that are durable and that won't break the bank either. I came across these and was wondering if anyone on here is running these and what your thoughts are on them. Feel free to post pics as well.
View attachment 214847

if thats the "style" you are looking for consider just chopping your factory fenders

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Don't waste your $, just take some tape and dremel your fenders to customize however you want them. It's a fun little project and probably easier than putting these things on.

WJCO

Meme King
Many guys around here trim the stock ones for looks and tire clearance. It's free, the stock ones are still flexible when you hit something, and they look very similar to most of the flares you can buy aftermarket. First mod we're going to do when we get our JK.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Agreed, trimming is the way to go. And if you don't like it when you're done you can install whatever you wish. Free, easy and gives you something to do while you drink beers! :beer:

Mikecal9985

Free...time consuming...and I get to drink beer while doing it? Sounds great to me. Living in Florida, it's about 190 degrees out plus 100% humidity so it's going to have to wait till it cools off somewhat [emoji23][emoji23] thanks for the advice guys

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I agree with everyone's post why spend money on fenders when you can get ones for free by cutting them to what ever you want that's why I cut mine. That's one thing you don't have to put money into. Save that money for another mod fenders aren't cheap.

Dopey84

I was interested in these till I watched a fellow keeper barely bump a rock at like 2mph and dent in his rear fender.... Needless to say i got some take offs and trimmed them how I wanted..

highoctane

Caught the Bug
A few local Jeeps have those fender flares from Smittybilt, and they are thrashed from hitting rocks, along with the body of the Jeep. If you hit those flares on something, it will transfer the impact to the body of your Jeep, and leave you with body damage. Just trim the stock ones.

Kyle7R

View attachment 214847

I bought them a couple years ago, and then sold my stock flares on craigslist. I like them, but I'm not sure if I had it all to do over again that it's the route I'd go. I tend to get a bit of vibration/rattle with them from time to time.

Buy them, and sell your stock ones to me for cheap :yep:

Kidding, trimming us the way to go

You need a set? I've got some in my garage right now.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Free...time consuming...and I get to drink beer while doing it? Sounds great to me. Living in Florida, it's about 190 degrees out plus 100% humidity so it's going to have to wait till it cools off somewhat [emoji23][emoji23] thanks for the advice guys

Yea man, that's the type of weather where you have to scrape your nutsack off your leg with a spatula!

westchester13jk

I had cracked the stock painted one and found a set of these to be cheaper than fixing the one stock one. Install was easy and I get a lot of compliments on the look.

Attachments

• 1469763669581.jpg
    1469763669581.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 121

TonyViv

I had cracked the stock painted one and found a set of these to be cheaper than fixing the one stock one. Install was easy and I get a lot of compliments on the look.

where did you get them? what brand are they? are they metal or plastic?? if plastic its just what im looking for

Last edited:
Top Bottom