AEV Procal TPMS Question

erje01

Hey Everyone,

Just got my second JK ('16 hard rock) and had a question maybe someone could help me with..

I used my new procal to turn off my TPMS, the dash light turned off, but everytime i start the jeep I get a message on the digital read out that says "check tire pressure" and the screen goes to the tire pressure read out.

Question is: is there a way to disable this feature as well with the procal, or do I just live with it?

Thanks in advance

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Welcome to WAL, why not stop by the Give Us a Wave Section and introduce yourself. :yup:

I'm sure someone with a ProCal will be able to help you out. I myself use a Superchips Flashcal, and do not have this issue.

I can go check mine this afternoon I used my procal to lower my threshold, but I haven't completely turned it off. I can try it and see what it does in mine....I'll repost when I do it.

Andy5160

Hooked
I have the same issue light went away but the digital reading shows 0 psi on all tires. Only happens when you start the vehicle.

All i do is press menu button on the steering wheel and it goes away.

Welcome and good luck.

I have the same issue light went away but the digital reading shows 0 psi on all tires. Only happens when you start the vehicle.

All i do is press menu button on the steering wheel and it goes away.

Welcome and good luck.

Yep...I just tried it with mine...same outcome.:beer:

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Hey Everyone,

Just got my second JK ('16 hard rock) and had a question maybe someone could help me with..

I used my new procal to turn off my TPMS, the dash light turned off, but everytime i start the jeep I get a message on the digital read out that says "check tire pressure" and the screen goes to the tire pressure read out.

Question is: is there a way to disable this feature as well with the procal, or do I just live with it?

Thanks in advance

Welcome to WAL. So I also used the ProCal to turn of the TPMS and got the same message as you but at some point since then it doesn't do that anymore. It obviously shows 0psi when I scroll to that screen in the menu but the message doesn't pop up anymore when I start the Jeep. :idontknow: I usually only keep it on the heading/Amb Temp screen but don't think it matters either way. Be curious to see if you quit getting the message at some point too.

jjlong

Here's the instructions on disabling it. It worked on mine...but it's a 2008, may be different.

Attachments

• 1469833738330.jpg
    1469833738330.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 107

Tree Frog

I have ran the TPMS disabled for a long time now. At some point I took my jeep into the dealer for some warranty work. You guessed it, they flashed my rig and it "did something".
I had to reload all the Pro Cal functions I had entered as they removed/ disabled.

After I got done I had the exact same irritating problem. Tried several times and could not clear it.

Contacted AEV and got the following email back from them.
(Hope its okay to post it. Sorry if not.)

Hello Mark,

Thank you for contacting AEV. Sorry to hear you are having issues. The TIPM re-flash clearing the ProCal programming is common. To remove EVIC message regarding the TPMS, disconnect the battery for 30 minutes and that should remove the message. I am not sure the exactly how to explain the issue, it is something about the communication between the two modules but that is the recommendation of our ProCal engineer.

Since this is relating to a safety system I must mention that AEV only recommends disabling this system for Diagnostic or Off Road use only. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,
Paul Kientz
American Expedition Vehicles
1164 Ladd Road, Commerce Township, MI 48390
p: 248.926.0256 x 228
e: pkientz@aev-conversions.com
www.aev-conversions.com

I did this and it worked great. No more message when I turn it on. Of course if I go through EVIC I can get it to show that all values are 0 on the tires as there is no TPMS sensors on the rig.

Hope this helps. I advise you ask service to NOT flash your rig and if it is necessary then to use the PRO CAL and remove the programming during service. PITA I know but.
Good luck !

Andy5160

Hooked
Welcome to WAL. So I also used the ProCal to turn of the TPMS and got the same message as you but at some point since then it doesn't do that anymore. It obviously shows 0psi when I scroll to that screen in the menu but the message doesn't pop up anymore when I start the Jeep. :idontknow: I usually only keep it on the heading/Amb Temp screen but don't think it matters either way. Be curious to see if you quit getting the message at some point too.

I had my 35's for about two month and it did not go way.
I got used to it.

Andy5160

Hooked
I have ran the TPMS disabled for a long time now. At some point I took my jeep into the dealer for some warranty work. You guessed it, they flashed my rig and it "did something".
I had to reload all the Pro Cal functions I had entered as they removed/ disabled.

After I got done I had the exact same irritating problem. Tried several times and could not clear it.

Hello Mark,

Thank you for contacting AEV. Sorry to hear you are having issues. The TIPM re-flash clearing the ProCal programming is common. To remove EVIC message regarding the TPMS, disconnect the battery for 30 minutes and that should remove the message. I am not sure the exactly how to explain the issue, it is something about the communication between the two modules but that is the recommendation of our ProCal engineer.

Since this is relating to a safety system I must mention that AEV only recommends disabling this system for Diagnostic or Off Road use only. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,
Paul Kientz
www.aev-conversions.com

I did this and it worked great. No more message when I turn it on. Of course if I go through EVIC I can get it to show that all values are 0 on the tires as there is no TPMS sensors on the rig.

Hope this helps. I advise you ask service to NOT flash your rig and if it is necessary then to use the PRO CAL and remove the programming during service. PITA I know but.
Good luck !

Great advise lets see what happens to my jeep tomorrow !

Speedy_RCW

Hooked

Hello Mark,

Best Regards,
Paul Kientz
www.aev-conversions.com

Good luck !

Guess that makes sense. Mine must have cleared when I was installing my Switch-Pro's as I had the battery disconnected for quite some.

Hope that works for you OP.

Benito

Caught the Bug
Guess that makes sense. Mine must have cleared when I was installing my Switch-Pro's as I had the battery disconnected for quite some.

Hope that works for you OP.

Yes just disconnect the battery for a few minutes and the message will disappear.

erje01

Disconnected the battery and it worked like a charm!!

Thanks again for all the quick responses, I'll be sure to send a wave once I get the jeep cleaned up!

Top Bottom