JK Regear Programming

J

JKDream

Installing 5:13s next week (finally).
Have a 2013 JKU Auto. Heard people talking about needing to re-program the CPU for the gears so the transmission shifts properly.
I don't have a programmer currently, is this necessary?

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Have a 2013 JKU Auto. Heard people talking about needing to re-program the CPU for the gears so the transmission shifts properly.

Yes you do. If you'd don't your Jeep will go into limp mode.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

Yes. You need one to properly set your shift points. Becuase you have an auto your JK will default to limp mode right because of the new gears throwing it off. An AEV procal is the least expensive way to repogram your Jeep.

J

JKDream

Yes. You need one to properly set your shift points. Becuase you have an auto your JK will default to limp mode right because of the new gears throwing it off. An AEV procal is the least expensive way to repogram your Jeep.

Figured this was the case. Am I able to borrow a friend ProCal and then remove it?

Tree Frog

2nd the vote for the Pro Cal. It is probably the cheapest and the easiest to use.

Note that if you do get your friend to clear out his VIN from his Pro Cal then yes you can use it. However now it would now be locked to your VIN.
In other words it is a one use for one vehicle kind of thing. Unless you know something I dont they are all this way.

They do have a lot of features like DRL's and the ability to drop your TPMS threshold or to set it to Zero. It will also program for tire size changes. Needed if your running bigger tires.

You need it, you want it. :yup:

Top Bottom