Ways to make my Jeep sound good?

JeepNfish20

Hey everyone, i have an automatic 2011 2 door 3.8 liter V6 Jk and I want it to sound pretty mean and was wondering on suggestions for exhaust and what not. I have a dynomax muffler on it now and sounds ok but I love how all of the jeeps in the Wayalife videos sound bad ass. I know CAIs can make em sound decent but i akways hear mixed views on them plus I already have an AEV snorkel installed. I didnt want to put in crazy money but something affordable and decent.
Thanks guys

Big Bad Wolf

I know how you feel. It's hard to make the V6 sound like a V8.. Until I drop an LS3 or Hemi in I will enjoy the silence of the 3.8 motor.. It's kind of stealth which is cool in its own way... haha I'm looking for excuses to like the V6... ahhh it's not easy.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Flowmaster Super 44 is probably the deepest sounding mufflers you can run with the 3.8. It's a chambered muffler instead of a straight through muffler. On my old '08 JK I removed the muffler and tail pipe, cut out a section of pipe next to the evap canister, and welded in a center inlet/offset outlet 2.5" Super 44. Sounded great. No drone, not too loud, and pretty deep sounding for a small engine. The Dynomax Evolution exhaust that dumps in front of the axle sounds great too. It's what Eddie ran in a lot of his videos when Moby still had the 3.8.

I have the Magnaflow 17143 exhaust on my '15 JK and it's stupid, obnoxious loud. It drones, sounds like a scene from Fast n Furious, and is generally miserable on the highway. Avoid it at all cost.

Last edited:

JeepNfish20

Flowmaster Super 44 is probably the deepest sounding mufflers you can run with the 3.8. It's a chambered muffler instead of a straight through muffler. On my old '08 JK I removed the muffler and tail pipe, cut out a section of pipe next to the evap canister, and welded in a center inlet/offset outlet 2.5" Super 44. Sounded great. No drone, not too loud, and pretty deep sounding for a small engine. The Dynomax Evolution exhaust that dumps in front of the axle sounds great too. It's what Eddie ran in a lot of his videos when Moby still had the 3.8.

I have the Magnaflow 17143 exhaust on my '15 JK and it's stupid, obnoxious loud. It drones, sounds like a scene from Fast n Furious, and is generally miserable on the highway. Avoid it at all cost.

Alright thanks that sounds like an option!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Put a dynomax exhaust system in it if you want it to sound good! I have run the "rock crawler" system and have run the Evo system as well and I was very happy with both!

Brute

Hooked
Record Eddie's LS fired JKU on a cd, loop it, then play on your stereo at high volume while driving...

highoctane

Caught the Bug
A straight pipe JK sounds like a tractor at low rpm. Sounded like crap to me, and also droned alot. Nice thing is, it's fairly easy to just yank the OEM muffler and see if you like how it sounds, and it's even easier to put the muffler right back on.

Top Bottom