Fumoto Valves, anyone using one?

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Hey guys, just wondering if any of you are running a Fumoto drain valve on your Wrangler? I've run them on other vehicles, and they do make oil changes an absolute breeze, but I was a little apprehensive of running one on the jeep, didn't want to add a catastrophic weak point (possibly) for offroading purposes...although I think the Evo oilpan skid would make it difficult to hit.....anyway, any opinions or first hand reviews?

https://www.fumotooildrainvalve.com...l?category_id=250#product-details-tab-reviews

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Frogmech installed something similar to this on his jeep and I was thinking of doing the same. Just never got around to buying one and installing it lol

They work as advertised. They stick out a lot more and is something to think about. Get some dimensions and see if it will be protected by a skid.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Ordered one on Amazon, the one without any nipple (shortest possible version.) Will report back once installed with pics so others can have the info as well. Gotta love same day delivery in NJ :thumb:

JKbrick

Ordered one on Amazon, the one without any nipple (shortest possible version.) Will report back once installed with pics so others can have the info as well. Gotta love same day delivery in NJ :thumb:

I bought one for my 09 and it did not fit in my EVO oil pan skid, so I put it in the free shit thread and mailed it off. Have had them on other vehicles and they do work well, just didn't this time. Hopefully it fits your 3.6

JoeB-JKURX

I've got one up under my MORE skid plate. Was originally concerned about oil dripping on inside of skid plate and getting into other places on the bottom of the Jeep. With Fumoto valve, it is a no-brainer to hook up a 1/4" ID plastic hose on the nipple, run it down through the opening in my drain pan, and open the valve - no muss, no fuss. Love it!!!

Also love the way Jeep has the filter up high pointing straight down. Totally drains before you remove it. I used to look like I overhauled my engine when I changed oil/filter in my old 4Runner. I don't even get my hands dirty changing oil in the Jeep.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Ok, I can report that the fumoto valve 106 doesn't work with the protek oil pan skid on the 3.6L. :) Luckily amazon has easy returns.

Last edited:

swampdog

Ok, I can report that the fumoto valve 106 doesn't work with the protek oil pan skid on the 3.6L. :) Luckily amazon has easy returns.

I'm running a protek on my 3.6 and am interested to see what ends up working. Have you tried the Stahlbus drain valves? They are big in the motorcycle racing world and I know they make them for cars now as well. It was a great product.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
In for 3.6 with Evo protek oil pan skid solution. Otherwise, I'll keep using a wrench.

The only way to make it work is to get a thread extension thingie, but that would make the valve stick out WAAAAY too far, and it could easily snap off. I'll stick with the bolt. Good news though, apparently my JK and the wife's CRV take the same valve, so I'll just put it on her car the next time I do her oilchange.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
You can also make it work by making that opening on the skid larger, but that's more work than Im willing to do. Also, I think it would work if you install the valve FIRST, and then the skid, but once the skid is on, you can't thread the valve on because you cant turn it because of that vertical sticking out thing.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
You can also make it work by making that opening on the skid larger, but that's more work than Im willing to do. Also, I think it would work if you install the valve FIRST, and then the skid, but once the skid is on, you can't thread the valve on because you cant turn it because of that vertical sticking out thing.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like I'll be holding off on this for a while

Top Bottom