Fender Flares -- do you have to cut or swap out with AFM after adding larger tires?

SWRUBI

Question as to when do you really have to change or cut your fenders one you have lifted your Jeep.
I've got a 2010 that I installed the HD Old Man Emu springs and shocks - this yielded about a 2-2.5" lift. Tire wise, I added 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers.

Front currently measures (fender flare to top of tire) 5.5" - 5.75". In the rear I have a little more clearance of about 6.5" from the top of the flare measured to the top of the tire. Million dollar question is do I HAVE to swap or cut the fenders or is there good enough clearance with the set up as is to where this isn't an issue? Haven't really wheeled to much the past year with work and would hate to find out the hard way when I hit the trails shortly. Thanks in advance for your replies gang!

You could adjust your bump stops to prevent any rubbing if don't want to trim or swap flares. You will have a little less flex that way though. Or you could let them run at full stuff. I don't think the plastic flares will damage the tire but it might damage the flare. I'm sure someone will have experience with that.

Top Bottom