Build Question

OutlawVol

Alright fellas, I have all the components of my lift picked out except for what control arms I want to run. Give me some feedback on what you guys think!

Lift parts already selected:
EVO 3 inch plush coils
Billstein 5100s and Stabilizer
TF Monster forged front and rear track bars
TF extended bump stops and spring retainers
JKS brake line extenders and adjustable rear links
TF quick disconnect front links
Exhaust spacer kit and a FlashCal
Spydertrax 1.5 wheel spacers

What's the best bang for my buck control arm setup I can run?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I would stick to your factory trackbars and just get the correct mounts front and rear for them. The TF ones tend to break, and its something you really dont need which will save you some money. Being that you have a JKU, the only control arms you need are front lowers, so why not just get the enforcer lift kit, rather than piecing one together with things you do not need?

swampdog

I would stick to your factory trackbars and just get the correct mounts front and rear for them. The TF ones tend to break, and its something you really dont need which will save you some money. Being that you have a JKU, the only control arms you need are front lowers, so why not just get the enforcer lift kit, rather than piecing one together with things you do not need?

I will second what Hinrich's said above. For the trackbar mounts, get the EVO, Synergy, or Rock Krawler mounts. I have check all of them out and they would serve you well.

Also, I would avoids the TF discos based on the reviews of many here. They are hard to disconnect / re-connect and haven't held up well on many rigs. I would check out the JKS discos.

As for arms, if you on a tight budget front LCAs are all you would NEED, and I would look at EVO, Curries, Clayton or Rock Krawler.

OutlawVol

I think I may keep the front track and move the rear to just mounts and switch the discos and go with just lower fronts? The rear will be good?

swampdog

Just get brackets for both front and rear and use your stock track bars. They will not limit flex and it's less maintenance then a adjustable track bar, and cheaper as well.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Even Mel still runs stock trackbars on EVO1....to me that says enough about the stock ones being able to handle it when racing around KOH. Eddie, Cindy, and many other guys/gals also all run the stock trackbars including myself and have yet to have any issues.

Even Mel still runs stock trackbars on EVO1....to me that says enough about the stock ones being able to handle it when racing around KOH. Eddie, Cindy, and many other guys/gals also all run the stock trackbars including myself and have yet to have any issues.

this...

I have RK track bars front and rear and I don't need them. I thought I was beefing my rig up (which it may have done a bit), but I hear stock trackbars are perfectly fine over and over again. I haven't gotten to it yet, but I'll be putting stock ones back on soon and hanging onto the RK ones in case I ever want to go back.

Top Bottom