Trans cooler installed behind radiator fan

Sullivan

So I have been back and forth with installing a trans cooler on my 3.8, Automatic. I also have a Ripp Supercharger with intercooler and I have limited space up front. It was going to be a very tight squeeze so I decided to mount it between the fan and the motor. I know it doesn't get the same air flow as being in front, but it was a compromise I was comfortable with. I think it turned out really good. Mounted it to the cross bar under the radiator. I am still able to remove it if necessary too. Just figured I would share. I've seen some people asking about it. IMG_1888.jpg IMG_1886.jpg IMG_1890.jpg IMG_1891.jpg IMG_1895.jpg IMG_1897.jpg IMG_1898.jpg

Sullivan

Already running about 20 degrees cooler. But I haven't driven it much. Will see this Sunday. Going to do a quick day run out at Offroad park

jeeeep

Hooked
curios as to how it does on cooling once you put it to the test.

I've got my trans cooler and hydro steering cooler side x side in front and have noticed the coolant gauge climb up if I push it, something that hasn't been an issue before the trans-cooler.

I'm considering doing one in front and the trans-cooler behind like you've got.

Other wise swapping to Derale coolers and leaving the body of the radiator exposed better

Top Bottom