2 door jk basic lift for 35's? For my sister.

zimm

Caught the Bug
My little sister just bought a 2010 JK sport with the intent of running 315's. All my research has been on JKUs. They're on a budget, so for about $1000, what would you run for a modest 2-3" lift? It'll mostly be a street jeep but she wants to play on the local trails too. There are way too many options for me to get them pointed in the right direction. I figured fox or rancho shocks, lower control arms, springs, sway bar links, brake line brackets, bump stops, and what about trac bars brackets or new adj trac bar?

CarolinaJK

To be honest, I run 35's on my 2 door with just an EVO leveling kit. I also paired this with 2" bumpstops on the rear, which really weren't necessary. I'd like to upgrade the shocks soon, as my stock Rubicon one's seem to be a tad bit too short.

However, if you want a full lift kit, the EVO enforcer is an awesome choice. There are tons of people running them on here and I'm sure they'll chime in soon.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
To be honest, I run 35's on my 2 door with just an EVO leveling kit. I also paired this with 2" bumpstops on the rear, which really weren't necessary. I'd like to upgrade the shocks soon, as my stock Rubicon one's seem to be a tad bit too short.

However, if you want a full lift kit, the EVO enforcer is an awesome choice. There are tons of people running them on here and I'm sure they'll chime in soon.

I second this. The evo leveling kit on a two door is perfect. I cut my fenders bc i like the look but you wont have to cut them. No doubt in my mind i could run 37s on this leveling kit.

I also agree on the switching out shocks, that seems to be the "worse" part if you can even count it as that.

Evo Leveling Kit on 35 MudGrapplers

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470273998.238800.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470274019.927705.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470274122.841680.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470274150.184300.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470274175.032851.jpg

Sorry didnt mean to blow you up woth pictures lol you get the point.

If she only wants 35s, i wouldn't spend anymore then $235 for the leveling kit. If you think she would eventually want to go bigger, get a 3" enforcer. Dont get anything bigger then a 3" lift kit for a 2 door.

Goober

Hi -- I'm the l'il sis!

Thanks for the feedback and photos. I like the look of the space between the wheels and fenders when the fenders are chopped, but think I want to keep the fenders as is for now. With that being said, to get the same space between tire to fender flare and the look I want, thinking of a 3" lift and looking at the Evo Enforcer that was mentioned. I'm new to this, so any additional thoughts, comments, advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Last edited:

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
Hi -- I'm the l'il sis!

Thanks for the feedback and photos. I like the look of the space between the wheels and fenders when the fenders are chopped, but think I want to keep the fenders as is for now. With that being said, to get the same space between tire to fender flare and the look I want, thinking of a 2"-3" lift. I'm new to this, so any additional thoughts, comments, advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Honestly it all depends how much coin you want to spend... For a basic lift the evo leveling kit or a 2" budget boost (all brands are pretty much the same) are great and relatively cheap. Or go with a 3" enforcer and have the ride quality worth every dollar you spend on it even though its relatively expensive... :thumb:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I cobbled one together on my 2-door, with the coils from an EVO leveling kit in front, and Old Man Emu light duty 2" springs in the rear. The tires are 33", but here is a pic & a link to the post on my build thread showing stock, spacer lift, and those coils.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471962515.789547.jpg

http://wayalife.com/showpost.php?p=734282

If you are on a tight budget, you could run a budget boost or leveling kit, then sell it and get some of that money back, when you upgrade to an Enforcer.

Top Bottom