Evo mfg tail lights

Hey Guys Good afternoon!

I need some help i was hoping to get everyones :twocents.

Ive had EVO MFG Rear Corner armor for about 9 months. Recently my Passenger side tail light has been blinking extra fast. Normally if this happens i would assume my lights out or something but this is weird because when i turn the signal on it blinks fast but my driver side light also blinks, but again just with the passenger turn signal on. Now i pulled both sets of lights to look at the wires and connections. Everything looks fine. Me and my step dad( hes a mechanic for the state so he works on police cars fire trucks etc.) we follow the EVO MFG instructions to a T. I cant seem to locate the issue. I dont have my side marker light since i was going to cut my fenders but they've been off for some time now so i dont think that would mess anything up. I have the video on my phone so ill post it in a second.

Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated! Id rather not buy new lights since they're Almost $100 bucks!

Thanks guys!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470336348.017125.jpg
This is the turn signal on the passenger side

And this is when I turn the drivers side signal on

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470336382.054338.jpg

As you can see there's 2 little lights that are on when the opposite turn signal is on.

TonyT

Caught the Bug
Mine does weird stuff too. Do you have the resister (capacitor, or whatever) thingys on there?

The LEDs take very little power to illuminate. I just wired my lights directly to the OEM harness and I do get the fast-flash as if a bulb is out, but it doesn't bother me and Im planning to leave it like that.

Both my brake lights flash one time when I open a door, or the tailgate. I think that is a portion of system that trips the alarm when its armed.

Mine does weird stuff too. Do you have the resister (capacitor, or whatever) thingys on there?

The LEDs take very little power to illuminate. I just wired my lights directly to the OEM harness and I do get the fast-flash as if a bulb is out, but it doesn't bother me and Im planning to leave it like that.

Both my brake lights flash one time when I open a door, or the tailgate. I think that is a portion of system that trips the alarm when its armed.

Yeah so my little resister thingy broke on one of the sides that connects to 2 red wires. So I just soldered it back on a few months ago and it was fine till just the other day.

Glad to know its not just me!

Ddays

Hooked
Any known ways to fix it? If not I guess it's not a huge deal more of just an annoyance at this point since one blinks fast and the other doesn't haha

From what I gather its either a bad connection on the resistor or the resistor itself is bad. I plan on looking at mine over the weekend, but since they both flash, this is pretty far down on my gotta do list.
I hate electrical issues. If I cant plug it together and have it work I'm screwed! LOL - I'm an electrical retard!

From what I gather its either a bad connection on the resistor or the resistor itself is bad. I plan on looking at mine over the weekend, but since they both flash, this is pretty far down on my gotta do list.
I hate electrical issues. If I cant plug it together and have it work I'm screwed! LOL - I'm an electrical retard!

Lol we are definitely on the same page when it comes to wiring [emoji23] Hey at least we aren't alone. I'll try and see what I can find about the resistor to fix this issue! Thanks

The little metal piece with the heat sink on the wiring harness gets extremely hot and has been known to melt the wires off of it which causes the blinkers to blink fast but the lights still work. Unfortunately its common and has also happenned to me as well. Poison spyder sells a similar harness thats plug and play and their heat sink is almost double the size of the evo piece. I installed them on my jeep and have yet to have an issue after 2 months (knock on wood).

BLCK4X4

I have the same set up, I've only had mine for 3 months or so and this happened to me. call up Evo manfg. And tell them what's going on and he will direct you to the company that produces them, they have a 12 month warranty and they will send you a new 4 pin Led load capacitor!

That will fix your problem:)

Sc741

Those resistors get extremely hot and if they often crack, burn up etc possibly when coming into contact with metal. It was suggested to mount them on the sheet metal for it to act as a heat sink to help with this issue. The company that supplies EVO with these really needs to come up with a better option.

Thanks guys! I have an email to EVO MFG so hopefully I'll get directed and get taken care of! Thanks for all the hell and insight

Kumar

I'm not using the EVO lights, opted for maxxima instead with the load equalizing harness (which I think EVO uses as well). But I got the rapid flash on one side and thought the resistor had just went bad. When I pulled it out today, to attempt to fix it, the resistor was completely missing. So I'll be calling maxxima to have that harness replaced.

Top Bottom