Dynatrac Rear JK Rubicon Axle Housing???

JoeB-JKURX

Most folks on this forum are aware of the PR-44 and Unlimited PR-44 front axle housings from Dynatrac. I understand that the rear Rubicon axle housing is not quite as sensitive to issues as the front (bent C's, etc.) but as I recall from this forum and others that the Mopar Rubicon axle has failed at the pumpkin (and, perhaps, other places). I don't see, however, in the Dynatrac catalog a beefed up rear axle similar to the PR-44 front axles (they do show a Mopar rear Rubicon axle - same as stock as I understand). If (when) my rear axle housing gives up, I'd probably be good with a beefed up housing (along with chromo axle shafts) rather than going the 60/80 route. Did I miss something in the Dynatrac catalog or do they not offer a rear Rubicon 44 axle? Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Unlike the factory front Rubicon axle, the factory rear Dana 44 that comes on all JK's are TRUE Dana 44's. The Rubicon Dana 44 rear even comes with 32 spline shafts. If you're playing hard enough to need something bigger and stronger, a Dynatrac Trail 60 or is what I would recommend or if you can afford more, a ProRock 60.

JoeB-JKURX

Unlike the factory front Rubicon axle, the factory rear Dana 44 that comes on all JK's are TRUE Dana 44's. The Rubicon Dana 44 rear even comes with 32 spline shafts. If you're playing hard enough to need something bigger and stronger, a Dynatrac Trail 60 or is what I would recommend or if you can afford more, a ProRock 60.

This is the kind of helpful info that I was looking for. Thx

Top Bottom