Ordered 2016 JKU, building me 2017?

gheller

I ordered a 2016 JKU Willys W in early July. Trying to get updates on the progress and salesman tells me they may be building me a 2017.
That sounds good of course but I know Jeep offers different colors and options from year to year so I ask I there will be other color options available for 2017 that I could change the order to and select. He's looking into it. I like the sunset orange or the military green sonic it's available for 2017 I should be able to opt for that. He's not sure and looking into it.
I guess I'm in that "overlap" period.

But now I'm worried this is going to take a lot longer than I anticipated

thardy

Banned
Yup, lost me with the Military Green Sonic.

Edit- Also, don't believe Sunset Orange is a 2017 color either.

Last edited:

gheller

Sorry, it should be commando green and "sonic" is a typo that should read "so if"
I ordered it in black since those colors weren't available for late 2916. I'm happy to have it in black but might have selected one of those two other colors had they been an option.

I could always get it wrapped.....

TLife

There is no orange or commando green for 2017, here are the 2017 color choices:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470436501.038760.jpg

Edit: I should mention that they can only spray 9 colors at a time so those won't all be available right at launch

gheller

Thanks much for those color updates on 2017.
I would leave it at black but I'm surprised the salesman couldn't tell me what the options were for 2017

gheller

I thought the Gobi was to be another sand or tan color, which I liked too but the GF rather the black.

Andy5160

Hooked
Sorry, it should be commando green and "sonic" is a typo that should read "so if"
I ordered it in black since those colors weren't available for late 2916. I'm happy to have it in black but might have selected one of those two other colors had they been an option.

I could always get it wrapped.....

I wonder what colors will be available in 2917.

Just kidding!

Studfam24

I ordered a 2016 JKU Willys W in early July. Trying to get updates on the progress and salesman tells me they may be building me a 2017.
That sounds good of course but I know Jeep offers different colors and options from year to year so I ask I there will be other color options available for 2017 that I could change the order to and select. He's looking into it. I like the sunset orange or the military green sonic it's available for 2017 I should be able to opt for that. He's not sure and looking into it.
I guess I'm in that "overlap" period.

But now I'm worried this is going to take a lot longer than I anticipated

It's going to take a while. They don't start production until this month some time for 2017's. That puts you 6-8 wks out from the start of manufacturing.

gheller

It's going to take a while. They don't start production until this month some time for 2017's. That puts you 6-8 wks out from the start of manufacturing.

I think your right. If they won't be building any more 2016 models and I'm waiting for a 2017, it's likely I won't see it until mid October or later.

TLife

I think your right. If they won't be building any more 2016 models and I'm waiting for a 2017, it's likely I won't see it until mid October or later.

Last day of production for 2016s is September 16th, first day for 2017s is September 19th. However, the order window on 2016s has closed.

61sportster

My 2 cents from yesterday

I have spent a couple month's researching the Jeep JK to purchase (settled for the Rubicon Hard Rock loaded, 1st Jeep ever BTW) It 's a factory order (4-8 weeks) and was told yesterday Aug.06 no more 2016's from factory, cannot put order in until this Thursday Aug.11.2016.
Put down the deposit, dealer to call Thursday with 2017 specs to order from. May or May not be any major changes, and it "does" bother me a little because I was totally satisfied with my choice based on 2016 research.

TLife

I have spent a couple month's researching the Jeep JK to purchase (settled for the Rubicon Hard Rock loaded, 1st Jeep ever BTW) It 's a factory order (4-8 weeks) and was told yesterday Aug.06 no more 2016's from factory, cannot put order in until this Thursday Aug.11.2016.
Put down the deposit, dealer to call Thursday with 2017 specs to order from. May or May not be any major changes, and it "does" bother me a little because I was totally satisfied with my choice based on 2016 research.

On the plus side your 2017 Hard Rock will come standard with LED headlights and fog lights! Other than that there won't be much changed. (Except an inevitable price increase)

gheller

So my salesman calls and says they will begin taking orders for 2017 models this Friday, August 12. I will go back and sit down with him and go over the order again to make sure all I wanted is still there and if there were any additional available options/colors etc that I could choose and confirm the updated order is to my liking.

Top Bottom