Skyjacker dual load carrying ball joints?

Kalums

Just saw these I was just wondering if these were "real" or all hype... Don't get me wrong when mine go bad, I'm going to probably buy the re-buildable or Crown ones but I was still curious about these. What the heck does dual load carrying mean any how?

Hammmerhead

If it's by skyjacker, it's hype. It's the Del Taco of the jeep world.

^^^^^^^^
This

I bought a 6" lift kit from these guys back in the early 90's for a new Ford truck when the lift pickings were pretty slim for that height. Flimsy brackets and sagging coils. They wouldn't even let me send them back so they could check them. Every time I talked to the "big cheese" there about the issues he would go into religious talk and mini sermons to get me off the phone. It was one of the lowest and shameful fake tactics I had ever experienced. Surely Im not the only one that experienced this BS with these guys.

jeeeep

Hooked
seems the dual load idea has been out for sometime, not sure how well it works for the long term on a solid axle.

I assume is was designed for the load to be carried on the lower ball joint like it currently does but maybe ball joints wouldn't wear out as fast with larger tires if the load was distributed..

Personally I'm not willing to pay that amount for an item that has not real long term data on it. It's easy to claim anything with marketing.

Kalums

Figured as much, when I've never heard about "dual load carrying" ball joints and I've replaced my fair share of them. Got be BS.

Top Bottom