Need Help - Safety Check Issues

RichieRichie11

First time posting in this forum, but looking for some help from Ottawa area Jeepers.

Just moved here from out of Province and learned that all the safety standards have recently changed regarding aftermarket tires, bumpers, rims etc. As such my Jeep does not pass the required inspection. This is a serious issue, as I only have the one vehicle and obviously need it to get to and from work daily.

does anyone know any good mechanics in the Ottawa area who have experience doing safeties on Jeeps and could help me out? Not looking for anything shady but it seems absolutely ridiculous to me that my heavy duty aftermarket stuff is less safe then the OEM stuff.

the further complicating issue is all my OEM stuff (the pieces I still have) are still located out of province and its not as simple as switching it out for the safety.

any help would be great guys

Desertman

We have a similar problem here but as the rules are at the discretion of the police officer on the day we risk empoundmemt of our jeeps every time we hit the street

Nick Zambo

I would look into the nearest jeep club there. I would bet that a few of the guys in the club would still have their parts you could borrow.

If you buy them some beer I am sure they would even help you install and uninstall the parts.

Top Bottom