3yr old jeep in girl!

Lone Star

So I have three little munchkins, two girls , ages 3&4, and a little boy will be 1 this month. Since the 4 yr old starts pre k in a couple of weeks , granny and mommy took her school clothes shoppi ng and they took little man. So it was going to be a good father-daughter day with the 3 yr old, Natalie. So I was giving her ideas for us to do today at breakfast. I leaned over to her and whispered, I would say things like "Do you want to go fishing?" She would reply Yes! "Hiking?" Yes! "Maybe swimming?" Yes! "Ice cream?" Yes!! She was getting really excited she loves doing all of those things. We frequently visit state parks and go exploring and playing.

So after breakfast, we got thi ng s picked up and got dressed and getting ready to decide what we were going to do today, and the next time Natalie came in the room I asked her just that, this was going to be her day. So I asked " Hey Natalie, what do you want to do today? She immediately responded "gee!" now Natalie doesn't do well with her pronunciation and costanants right now. So needless to say we did not understand her, so we start the guessing game. "Swing?" I asked, "no". She again enthusiastically repeated "gee" after a few more missed guesses I finally just told her, "I'm sorry Natalie I don't understand what you are saying. She then gave me this look and cocked her head and put her hand on her hip and stuck it out, This is her thinking pose. She then started to explain to me what a "gee" was. (Prounouncing the g like in ground) after a minute of her explaining and using hand gestures, I was even more lost. Lol. But something must have triggered my memory, because I remembered the coloring book from day star with the jeeps in it and remembered she learned that word. So because I couldn't think of anything else I said " a Jeep?" You could hardly see a 3 yr old more excited! "Yes!!! a 'gee'!" Lol I about fell out of my chair, just to clarify I asked her " you want to go see a jeep today?" "Yes! " she replied with the biggeest smile!

Now again for those who don't know, we don't have a Jeep, we are still working on getting one. Lol so we went to the nearest dealership in town and spent a good while looking at the different jeeps and getting inside, even took one for a test drive and she loved it!! She really liked the blue ones, I wish I would have gotten a pic to share she even had her pink sunglasses on. We then decided it was too hot to go do any of the other things outside, so we went and got a good movie, that she got to pick out, and went to Braums and got some ice cream.

So apparently I'm doing something right, ;) if we don't even have a jeep and my little 3yr old daughter wants one as bad as I do. Haha. We are going to have a lot of adventures one day#!!! We already do, but once we have a jeep, it wont ever be the same.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read about what brightened my day. Love spending time with my kids. Especially when there's jeeps involved. Everyone have a great weekend! (By th way she likes looking at all of the pics of yalls jeeps with me too) so keep the pics of them comin and of your adventures!!!!

Last edited:

Lone Star

This is Natalie bout a year ago on the 4 wheeler with me.

And that's her this spring in the river, a lot of good her rain boots did, lol

And the last one is of her practicing her fishing cast. Getting pretty good too. Lol

Attachments

• 1470499276591.jpg
    1470499276591.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 1470499399319.jpg
    1470499399319.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 137
  • 1470499481833.jpg
    1470499481833.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 137

USMC Wrangler

It's great when the kids are into what we are. It definitely makes it more enjoyable to spend time with the family in the Jeep.

I have a long to do list for today and my 3 youngest have already volunteered to help out!

Lone Star

It's great when the kids are into what we are. It definitely makes it more enjoyable to spend time with the family in the Jeep.

I have a long to do list for today and my 3 youngest have already volunteered to help out!

That's awesome! Yes love doing these things with my kids, and glad my girls aren't afraid to get dirty. :)

Doing anything to your jeep?

Gadget

Caught the Bug
This is Natalie bout a year ago on the 4 wheeler with me.

And that's her this spring in the river, a lot of good her rain boots did, lol

And the last one is of her practicing her fishing cast. Getting pretty good too. Lol

You do realize her rain boots are for protecting her feet while she stomps puddles and walks thru other bodies of water.

Lone Star

Yea, but in this case she used them to keep water in her boots instead of out. She thought they worked a lot better that way. :)

Lone Star

You do realize her rain boots are for protecting her feet while she stomps puddles and walks thru other bodies of water.

We were hoping for keeping feet dry, since water was still chilly and wife mainly wanted easter pics. Lol in that sense they didnt work as planned. But it all worked out ok in the end. They had a blast

JKbrick

Yea I can definitely see her doing that! T ha ts awesome! How old is she?

She was 2 in April, she points out every jeep we see when we are out! She is awesome. I work on all the jeeps for the guys I know that have them and she always helps me, she hates to be inside

dchotrod

My then 6 year old girl was the "reason" we got ours when we did! It's so much fun to see them get excited about wheeling or just going out for whatever the days adventures are.

CastleRockJeep

It is great to involve your kids with your Jeep! I remember being a kid in my fathers, hiding behind the front seats so the rain wouldn't soak me. I hope my kids remember like I do. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470536006.935994.jpg

holliewood61

Great story. I love how jeeps can be a family affair. Our little girl loves our yard full of junk.

The boy got his first ride this summer too.

Sorry for the picture overload

Last edited:
Top Bottom