Stock trackbar deflection

tharb5111

So why inspecting my front end steering components, I noticed my stock trackbar seems to move slightly left and right when wheel is turned. Maybe a 1/4 inch as if the rubber bushing is twisting or compressing.

Is this normal? I have rechecked torque to 125 ft pounds and the movement is still there. Is this deflection of the ruber bushing normal? My stock trackbar has 39,000 miles on it.

Is this slight deflection normal? Or is it time to order new crown or mopar stock trackbar?

Journeyman

So why inspecting my front end steering components, I noticed my stock trackbar seems to move slightly left and right when wheel is turned. Maybe a 1/4 inch as if the rubber bushing is twisting or compressing.

Is this normal? I have rechecked torque to 125 ft pounds and the movement is still there. Is this deflection of the ruber bushing normal? My stock trackbar has 39,000 miles on it.

Is this slight deflection normal? Or is it time to order new crown or mopar stock trackbar?

There's is a possibility that the the bolt hole on the frame side had been egged out. Happened to both my front and rear on my jku. I spend a bunch of time driving twisty mountain roads. I would think the bushing would fail in 39,000 miles, but stranger things have happened.

Take it off and check everything out.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

From what I have seen the stock bushing does have some deflection but not 1/4". Check the bolt hole and make sure it isn't wallowed out. That happened to mine and I fixed it by welding a washer on either side

tharb5111

Okay I'll check the bolt holes. If they are good still then I may just order new trackbar. Any quality dif between crown or mopar stock trackbar? I just ordered new crown drag link since my stock one is shot. I've heard stock trackbar is solid but that's mopar. Anybody have opinions on the crown? It's half the cost.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Okay I'll check the bolt holes. If they are good still then I may just order new trackbar. Any quality dif between crown or mopar stock trackbar? I just ordered new crown drag link since my stock one is shot. I've heard stock trackbar is solid but that's mopar. Anybody have opinions on the crown? It's half the cost.

Crown is the exact same as mopar, just doesn't come with the mopar name price tag

jeeeep

Hooked
Crown is the exact same as mopar, just doesn't come with the mopar name price tag

I wouldn't go as far as to say exact.

Crown makes a lot of OEM replacement parts but depending on the part, the finish may not be the best. everything is made in china, good thing is you can exchange it if the finish is bad or return it.

I've bought a lot from crown and sometimes you win on price, sometimes the quality difference isn't worth the cheapness.

Top Bottom