Havoc Offroad Mayhem Build (2001 XJ)

Just wanted to show off a bit and introduce one of our latest builds that we debuted at the Unlimited Offroad Expo. Not a build thread, but feel free to ask any questions and I'll be more than happy to answer. Full build page can be seen at http://havocoffroad.com/havoc-offroad-mayhem.html

havoc-offroad-mayhem-01.jpg

havoc-offroad-mayhem-02.jpg

havoc-offroad-mayhem-03.jpg

havoc-offroad-mayhem-04.jpg

havoc-offroad-mayhem-05.jpg

havoc-offroad-mayhem-06.jpg

havoc-offroad-mayhem-07.jpg

havoc-offroad-mayhem-08.jpg

havoc-offroad-mayhem-09.jpg

havoc-offroad-mayhem-10.jpg

havoc-offroad-mayhem-11.jpg

havoc-offroad-mayhem-12.jpg

havoc-offroad-mayhem-13.jpg

havoc-offroad-mayhem-14.jpg

havoc-offroad-mayhem-15.jpg

Full Build List

Axles and Drivetrain:
Alloy USA Ball Joints
Yukon Shafts
Tnt Customs Front Axle Truss - Ford HP Dana 44 - FTD44FR
Yukon Extra Hd 3.062" Nodular Iron Dropout For Ford 9" - YP DOF9-2-306
Yukon Ford 9" Nodular Daytona Style Pinion Support - YP F9PS-4
Yukon Forged Yoke For Ford 9" With 35 Spline Pinion And A 1350 U/Joint Size - YY F900663
Ten Factory Axle Shafts - MG25102
Disc Brake Conversion
Teraflex Low231 4:1 Transfer Case Kit W/ Automatic Seal Extension - 23 Spline - 2104400
Teraflex 231 Sye Short Shaft Kit - 4444401
Adams Driveshaft Front & Rear 1350 Driveshafts
WARN Premium Manual Hubs

Cage and Accessories:
Rock Hard 4X4 Bolt-In Ultimate Sport Cage For Jeep Cherokee Xj 4Dr 1997 - 2001 - RH-1012-1
Rock Hard 4X4 Front Harness Bar For Jeep Cherokee Xj 2/4Dr 1984 - 2001 - RH-1012-C
Pro Armor 3" Harness System - A115230
Bartact 550 Paracord Universal Roll Bar Grab Handles
Bartact Roll Bar/Molle Barrel Bag
Bartact 2, 3, And 4, D Cell Universal Flashlight Holder Extreme

Wheels and Tires:
Raceline Rock 8 Beadlocks - 8RT8150055
Size: 15x10
Offset: -44mm
Maxxis Creepy Crawler 37X12.50R15 Tires

Armor:
JCR Offroad Jeep Xj Winch Bumper | Vanguard Prerunner | Cherokee (84-01) - JCR-XJFV-T-BARE
JCR Offroad Crusader Rear Bumper - JCR-XJRC-BARE
JCR Offroad Crusader Rock Sliders - JCR-XJSL-CR-BARE
JCR Offroad Rear Upper Quarter Panel Guards - JCR-XJQU-INT-RR-97-BARE
JCR Offroad Rear Lower Quarter Panel Armor - JCR-XJQL-97-Cut-BARE
Hooligan Offroad Front Fenders

Suspension:
FOX 2.0 Performance Series IFP Shocks
PSC Motorsports Hydro Assist Steering
BDS Coil Springs 034652 Painted Havoc Orange
BDS Rear Springs 004509
Rough Country Long Arm System
Rough Country 1117 Shackle Relocation Brackets
Rough Country 1077 Adjustable Shackles
Daystar KJ09114BK Front Bumpstops

Lighting:
Havoc Cube Lights Combo Pattern
JCR Cherokee Led Tail Light Kit - LEDKITXJ97
Rigid Industries 5" X 7" Led Headlight - 55003
Vision-X Tantrum Superwhite Led Strobe And Rock Light Kit - HIL-STW
Winch & Components:
Havoc Offroad 10,000 Lbs Winch - Synthetic Line - HEW-72-10001
Bubba Rope 7/8"X20' - 176660BLG
Factor 55 Flatlink (Silver) - FAC-00050-05
Exterior Accessories:
Ruff Stuff Frame Stiffeners - XJRAIL
Hyline Offroad Jeep Cherokee Hood Louvers - 500.500.110

Interior:
Rugged Ridge RRC Off Road Racing Seats, Reclinable, Black; 84-01 Jeep Cherokee Xj - 13448.15
Havoc Hydrodipped Dash And Accesories -
JVC Arsenal Receiver - KD-R975BTS
Sound Ordnance 6-1/2" Component Speaker System - P-65CB
Kicker 6-1/2" 2-Way Car Speakers - 40CS654

Communication:
Cobra 75Wxst 40-Channel Cb Radio - 75 WX ST
Firestick II FS Series Antenna - FS3-B
JCR Offroad Antenna Mount - JCR-XJCB-PC-97-PS

Attachments

• havoc-offroad-mayhem-07.jpg
    havoc-offroad-mayhem-07.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 232
Man I love this thing. What were the deciding factor for you guys to go with the 9" rear?

I knew you'd be on this one!

They're common and can be built however you want them, from 28 spline all the way up to 40 spline shafts. The aftermarket on the 9 is massive and they're flat out easy to build and set up the gears. The 9 does have its weaknesses, but they're all fairly easily addressed. One is how weak the housing can be and second is the cast third member, unless you find the ultra rare nodular. I actually ripped apart the housing and grenaded a third member in Moab year before last. I did get a truss for this one from a company I won't name and the fit was nowhere close after tacking it on, so that's on the to-do list to find a better one. I eliminated the relatively weak stock cast third member with a Yukon nodular one and forged 1350 yoke.

thardy

Banned
I knew you'd be on this one!

They're common and can be built however you want them, from 28 spline all the way up to 40 spline shafts. The aftermarket on the 9 is massive and they're flat out easy to build and set up the gears. The 9 does have its weaknesses, but they're all fairly easily addressed. One is how weak the housing can be and second is the cast third member, unless you find the ultra rare nodular. I actually ripped apart the housing and grenaded a third member in Moab year before last. I did get a truss for this one from a company I won't name and the fit was nowhere close after tacking it on, so that's on the to-do list to find a better one. I eliminated the relatively weak stock cast third member with a Yukon nodular one and forged 1350 yoke.

Makes sense. Do the 44 and 9" have the same WB, or did you have to adjust?

The creepy's look mean on it. Nice build

They perform very well! Great in mud and rocks both. This was the tire that made me take a chance on Trepador stickies on my YJ. I had always been an Interco guy before I started running Maxxis when it comes to dedicated offroad tires.

Makes sense. Do the 44 and 9" have the same WB, or did you have to adjust?

They're the same. The front 44 is a somewhat hard to find 76-77 HP Dana 44 from the F150. Those were the only two years for a welded radius arm mount with .5" thick tubes and disc brakes. After 77, they went to cast radius arm mounts, which means you can't strip down the axle like the welded ones. Matching width Ford 9 rears are much more common, but you have to watch if they're 28 spline or 31 spline depending on what you want to reuse.

thardy

Banned
They perform very well! Great in mud and rocks both. This was the tire that made me take a chance on Trepador stickies on my YJ. I had always been an Interco guy before I started running Maxxis when it comes to dedicated offroad tires.

They're the same. The front 44 is a somewhat hard to find 76-77 HP Dana 44 from the F150. Those were the only two years for a welded radius arm mount with .5" thick tubes and disc brakes. After 77, they went to cast radius arm mounts, which means you can't strip down the axle like the welded ones. Matching width Ford 9 rears are much more common, but you have to watch if they're 28 spline or 31 spline depending on what you want to reuse.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I'm sure we'll be discussing this build quite a bit.

I've been very impressed with the Maxxis Off-Road tires as well. Really looking forward to their Razr-MT release.

Man thats a sweet and sharp looking rig love the build great job Havoc

Thank you! It was a ton of work. There's some additions I want to make to it and some stuff I would do different due to budget, but she pretty much goes where it's pointed.

Sweet build!

Thank you!

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I'm sure we'll be discussing this build quite a bit.

I've been very impressed with the Maxxis Off-Road tires as well. Really looking forward to their Razr-MT release.

It's an interesting looking tire to be sure that's directed right at Nitto and Toyo with the Trail Grappler and Open Country. I'm running the new Maxxis Carnivore on my RZR XP 1000 and they're the best UTV tires I've seen. Maxxis has their work cut out for them when competing with Nitto and Toyo though. They're the top dogs for a duel purpose tire.

Holy hell Batman! That's the way to build an XJ!

Thank you! An '85 was one was of my first Jeeps. I started feeling nostalgic and really missed it. When I came across a 2001, I broke down and had to get her.

Great build!

Thank you!!

This might just be my new favorite XJ

I have to say, I'm pretty proud of the way it turned out! It gets more attention at the few shows and rides it's been to than any of the JKs. :)

GatorSchop

This XJ is badass! I need to follow this post just so i can touch back for ideas while building mine own XJ up.

Top Bottom