Help identifying new leak

TormentedCrawler

Hey all. Been trying to chase this leak with no luck. There's was oil build up on the upper oil pan so recently chances that seal 3 days ago. But I'm getting oil build up by the dust cover. I've don't some searching. Not sure if it's the RMS. Rear intake gasket or rear valve cover gasket. Anyone else have a similar oil leak in that location. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470703817.038180.jpg

USMC Wrangler

I haven't had any leaks on my '13 yet. (Knock on wood)

I have read that the 3.6's often leak from the filter housing and it gets into odd places, or places you wouldn't expect.

What year/engine is yours? I'm on the app and all I see is "JKU Rubicon" in your profile.

jeeeep

Hooked
Also upon removing the dust cover multiple times. I noticed the transmission side was dry

transmission side dry so it's not RMS.

what year is your jeep? nothing in your profile other than JKU - as mentioned above, if you have a 3.6 check the oil filter housing- they've been known to crack or if not installed properly will leak.

if you have a 3.8 check the timing belt area, the upper oil pan seal also seals part of the timing chain and rms.

TormentedCrawler

I have an 09' so it's the 3.8L. I'm thinking it's the lower intake manifold gasket or rear of the valve cover. Degreased the front and back and only found oil present where I took the photo. My assumption is it's leaking from the rear.

SainT-314

3.8 owner here. The minivan engine is know to be a leaker. I can't tell from you're pic, is that the engine mount that has oil on it?

TormentedCrawler

3.8 owner here. The minivan engine is know to be a leaker. I can't tell from you're pic, is that the engine mount that has oil on it?

So after replacing the upper oil pan seal I decided to give it a good wash with simple green and a brush and hosed everything off. Now that everything is clean and dry the leak seem to have stopped. Could it have been residual of the oil pan leak that was there? Thanks you for the input everyone.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So after replacing the upper oil pan seal I decided to give it a good wash with simple green and a brush and hosed everything off. Now that everything is clean and dry the leak seem to have stopped. Could it have been residual of the oil pan leak that was there? Thanks you for the input everyone.

It more than likely was just residual oil. Just keep and eye on it over the next few days to make sure

Top Bottom