Beadlock Wheel and Tires 17x8 or 17x9

supra_launch21v

I would like to get an opinion on 17x8 or a 17x9 wheel.
I just installed a long arm kit.
I am running a 2010 Jeep JKUR with 4" inches of lift. Tires are a 37" x 12.5" tires Goodyear Kevlars.
Stock axles/RCV shafts.

Wanting to buy new beadlocks. The 17x8 would have a 5" backspacing.

My current wheels are the 17 x 9 with 4.5" of backspace. They rubbed the frame on a full turn, stuffed very lightly.

Thanks!

FoxC

I am running a 2010 Jeep JKUR with 4" inches of lift. Tires are a 37" x 12.5" tires Goodyear Kevlars.
Stock axles/RCV shafts.

My current wheels are the 17 x 9 with 4.5" of backspace. They rubbed the frame on a full turn, stuffed very lightly.

Thanks!
Not the expert on beadlocks, but I would think the 17x9 will fit your tire choice better. I would also look for a beadlock with more backspacing (less numerically). Something like 3.5 back space. Check out the ATX slabs. Alot of rigs are running these successfully.

Atch

I agree with him if your current setup rubs I wouldn't get a wheel with even less backspacing. I too would recommend looking for 3.5 bs

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
Stock axles/RCV shafts.

Thanks!

5" of back spacing is way to much. In articulation your tires will rub the shocks among other areas. I have AEV Pintler beadlocks that are 4.5" and without spacers they rubbed. I would suggest 3.5" back space such at the ATX Slabs.

Prime8

My spyderlocks (the exact same wheel as the atx slabs with a different ring) has 3.5" BS and worked great with my short arm RK lift on my last rig as well as my EVO Double D long arm lift on my current rig.

supra_launch21v

9" and 3.5 BS, perfect! This Jeeping stuff is expensive! I would be buying more guns if it weren't for this Jeep, so probably better off.

supra_launch21v

I should be in Peoria in a month or so. That might just workout. I am in no hurry for the new wheels. It is not a winter car for me. It is still barely on the ground after the suspension install. Thanks for the invite, I will take you up on it.

Top Bottom