Tubby Lift and Level?

gheller

As I'm waiting for my Willys JKU I'm thinking about what I'd like to do to it.
It'll be a DD 95% of the time and off road will be nothing more than a stock JK could handle. (In time I might get caught up with it and want to go further)
I'll be adding an ARB full size front bumper.

Since the gearing will be 3.78 I'd like to keep the tires down to 295/70/17 with a rim having 4.5" bs.
This way I should still have a good amount of power and acceleration with the 6spd manual.

From researching the threads here I believe this should all work fine on the stock JKU but I'd like to add a bit of lift for additional clearance as well as looks.

I was thinking I could go with a 1.5" body lift and a 1.75" coil spacer on the front for leveling.

Does this all sound ok, and if so, would you recommend front shock extensions even on such a small amount of lift?

Thanks in advance for your time.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Why not just do a leveling kit or a 2.5 inch budget boost and skip the body lift?

I would get the EVO leveling kit if it were me.

Kyle7R

Don't do a body lift. A leveling kit, regardless of the brand, looks good. Even with stock tires.

gheller

Thanks for the input. I just thought I'd get same results but keep it cheaper and simpler.

I had been looking into that EVO leveling kit too.
It comes with Plush Ride front coil springs? I've heard good things about them.

What would I need in addition to that if anything, shock extenders?

Kyle7R

Thanks for the input. I just thought I'd get same results but keep it cheaper and simpler.

You can run the stock shocks with the EVO kit. Go check out Napalm's build thread, he has the EVO level and stock set up on his jku and it looks great.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug

I don't believe anything else is really needed per say but I have zero experience with it. Hopefully others can chime in. I would say maybe shock extensions or longer shocks, brake line relocate brackets or longer brakes, and move your rear sway bar links to the front and get longer ones for the rear would be a maybe list for the things you might need at most. But I believe nothing else is really "needed" to complete it.

gheller

You can run the stock shocks with the EVO kit. Go check out Napalm's build thread, he has the EVO level and stock set up on his jku and it looks great.

Thanks, I just searched and found Napalms thread and it does look great. I'll take the time to look through it but I think that EVO level kit will be exactly what I want.

USMC Wrangler

Thanks, I just searched and found Napalms thread and it does look great. I'll take the time to look through it but I think that EVO level kit will be exactly what I want.

You won't be disappointed with the EVO kit for the price. You'll be able to run 35's and chopped fenders with it.

gheller

You won't be disappointed with the EVO kit for the price. You'll be able to run 35's and chopped fenders with it.

Sounds good, I'd like to move into 35's after I run the 33's down. I'm just concerned I'll lose a lot of power with the 3.73 gear ratio and the 35's.
I may be able to get by since it's a manual? I just don't want it to be laboring up hills on a highway.

Top Bottom