ICON vs Rock Krawler vs EVO

The BAD Influence

I think I'm ready to take this Jeeping thing to the next level. My plans include going to 35s, Dana 44 front, and coil over suspension. I know EVO is a preferred vendor on this site, and their system is the cheapest of the 3 I'm considering. That being said, I want to get the best system I can (hopefully done jacking around with cheap systems). As a side note, for now, I'll just be changing my gearing for additional power, but feel an LS swap in the future. So whichever system I purchase must be able to handle the additional weight of the V8.

ICON
http://iconvehicledynamics.com/shop...-175-4-coilover-conversion-system-stage2.html

Rock Krawler
http://www.rockkrawler.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=JK35RNR-4S2

EVO
http://www.offroadevolution.com/product/evo-mfg-double-d-pro-jk-jku/

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know EVO is a preferred vendor on this site, and their system is the cheapest of the 3 I'm considering. That being said, I want to get the best system I can (hopefully done jacking around with cheap systems).

LOL!! I love how you say that as if there couldn't possibly be any merit to why EVO is the "preferred" vendor here. Clearly, everyone here must just be fanboys without any sense about them.

The BAD Influence

LOL!! I love how you say that as if there couldn't possibly be any merit to why EVO is the "preferred" vendor here. Clearly, everyone here must just be fanboys without any sense about them.
No offense intended to you, EVO, or anyone else on the site. My point was, I've learned a lesson that going cheap is the most expensive in the long run. Maybe I'm going too far to the other end of the spectrum. Just saying if I'm going in for $6,000, what's an additional $1,000 if I can really get "The Best"

MTG

Caught the Bug
No offense intended to you, EVO, or anyone else on the site. My point was, I've learned a lesson that going cheap is the most expensive in the long run. Maybe I'm going too far to the other end of the spectrum. Just saying if I'm going in for $6,000, what's an additional $1,000 if I can really get "The Best"

Sorry, but you're not getting anywhere near "the best" for $6K. And all this to run 35s? :thinking:

SunDevilJk

Look at the evo lever in the rear and double throw down up front. See if that satisfies your needs.

Crystaliner

Doesn't know shit about wheeling
Ironhorse had the Icon coilovers. He mentioned possibly going to ORE to have them revalved. Thinking it was a 3link front end. Might want to get some input from him.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Sorry, but you're not getting anywhere near "the best" for $6K. And all this to run 35s? :thinking:

More like $7-8K after getting new exhaust and some other things that don't come with the kit, and the new control arms are not adjustable. I don't get it. :thinking:

tgoss

What exactly do you use you rig on predominantly and what suspension set up are you currently running? For 35's and 44's, coilovers and long arms seem like overkill but that's just an immediate observation. There are tons of guys running v8 swaps without coilovers so I would honestly look at upgrading the axles before anything if that's the end goal.

The BAD Influence

Funny, how smart you guys are. You definately outted me. Here's the real issues:
1) The Jeep is technically my wife's daily driver, and my weekend toy. She enjoys going out, and even enjoys some moderate wheeling. One issue we have come across, is her having headaches after an outting. She had neck surgery 2 years ago, and a blood clot in her arm last November. So, I'm willing to spend the money to get the best ride I can for her, in order to keep her interested.
2) She has put an end to my running, and limited what upgrades I can do to her Jeep. That being said, she's given the approval for purchasing a 2nd (Mine) Jeep. As a parting shot, I wanted to finish what I started on hers, the Dana 44 is for my piece of mind. (She'll let the boys take her Jeep out with me, would rather spend the money on the Dana 44 than go back and tell her I broke the 30), the 35s are as big as she wants to go. Her choice, her Jeep.
3) The LS swap will be for my Jeep, not hers. But since I'll be going with coil overs on hers, and mine, wanted to make sure which ever system I use (the same on both) that it can handle the additional weight of the V8.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL!! No offense to you but if money is the measure of what "the best" is, seems pretty clear to me that you should buy the most expensive kit.

JAGS

Hooked
This thread is already off to a great start. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Random kits, one jeep, LS, $$$=best....oh wait, it's for two different builds????? Can't wait to see where this goes. [emoji85]

Crystaliner

Doesn't know shit about wheeling
I don't think it's about being cheap. You need to have a clear ideal on the direction of wheeling your going to be doing. Don't think the most expensive system is going to help your wife's neck out any. Maybe make it worse because of the stiffness required to bomb the desert.

So I would think option C from Evo would be out the door. Now option A enforcer kit nothing wrong with this kit can do everything option B can do at half the price. Option B Evo bolt-on King coilovers. Proprietary valving and the ability to change out the springs at a later date if you need something to handle more weight.

But then again your only going with 35s so for me if I were to do it again w35s,I would pick the Evo enforcer kit.

Now option Evo option B is bad ass but if you really want to make an impression when you pull up to another jeep. Go with Evo option C and without a doubt can say F... You to whatever said jeep next to you is running.

Last edited:

DannyD

You could just give Evo more money and make it the most expensive[emoji23][emoji23]

Problem solved

The BAD Influence

I don't think it's about being cheap. You need to have a clear ideal on the direction of wheeling your going to be doing. Don't think the most expensive system is going to help your wife's neck out any. Maybe make it worse because of the stiffness required to bomb the desert.

So I would think option C from Evo would be out the door. Now option A enforcer kit nothing wrong with this kit can do everything option B can do at half the price. Option B Evo bolt-on King coilovers. Proprietary valving and the ability to change out the springs at a later date if you need something to handle more weight.

But then again your only going with 35s so for me if I were to do it again w35s,I would pick the Evo enforcer kit.

Now option Evo option B is bad ass but if you really want to make an impression when you pull up to another jeep. Go with Evo option C and without a doubt can say F... You to whatever said jeep next to you is running.

Thank you for an actual reply, with real feedback. Everyone else is just busting balls.

A.J.

Funny, how smart you guys are. You definately outted me. Here's the real issues:
1) The Jeep is technically my wife's daily driver, and my weekend toy. She enjoys going out, and even enjoys some moderate wheeling. One issue we have come across, is her having headaches after an outting. She had neck surgery 2 years ago, and a blood clot in her arm last November. So, I'm willing to spend the money to get the best ride I can for her, in order to keep her interested.
2) She has put an end to my running, and limited what upgrades I can do to her Jeep. That being said, she's given the approval for purchasing a 2nd (Mine) Jeep. As a parting shot, I wanted to finish what I started on hers, the Dana 44 is for my piece of mind. (She'll let the boys take her Jeep out with me, would rather spend the money on the Dana 44 than go back and tell her I broke the 30), the 35s are as big as she wants to go. Her choice, her Jeep.
3) The LS swap will be for my Jeep, not hers. But since I'll be going with coil overs on hers, and mine, wanted to make sure which ever system I use (the same on both) that it can handle the additional weight of the V8.

Get the softest spring lift (probably EVO 3" plush rides) and the best shocks you can (probably 2.5 fox or equivalent) for her jeep and bead locks so you can air way down. This should deliver the "best ride" for her on 35's. Then take the $$ you save and go all out on yours.

DannyD

Thank you for an actual reply, with real feedback. Everyone else is just busting balls.

Haha you got it. In all reality I would suggest starting with something like the enforcer especially if your plan is just 35s then as you learn more about the jeep and what you will do with it upgrade from there. It's true that it's expensive to be cheap but it can also be an issue to just rush into things no matter of price. Slow down and enjoy the process!!
Just my .02

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked

Lol. Overlander hasn't even posted yet. Trust me, nobody is busting balls, just trying to figure out exactly what you want and for which jeep.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
If your going for the 'softest' ride for your wife, the EVO 3" Enforcer will give you a softer ride than all 3 of those. Of course, you can always keep replacing springs on a coilover until you find the ride you like, but that can get really expensive. IMO the EVO Enforcer is exactly what you are looking for in ride quality, build quality and ease of maintenance.

Top Bottom